NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Women's Health (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/)
-   -   Smooth Away - Product Review (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/86905-smooth-product-review.html)

tkrik 05-13-2009 11:30 AM

Smooth Away - Product Review

DD17 and I tried the Smooth Away Hair Removal pads. They are awesome and they WORK! We bought them at Target for about $10.00. We have been using them for a month now. They are easy to use and you don't have to be in the tub/shower to use them, which was an issue with me and the MS.

Just thought I would share that with you all.:p:hug:

Kitty 05-13-2009 11:37 AM

Do they scratch your skin? I'd heard that they're just like sandpaper and very scratchy. I haven't tried them yet but wanted to. I might just have to go get it now that you've tried it. Thanks for the review! :)

tkrik 05-13-2009 11:51 AM

They didn't scratch my skin at all and made my skin feel so soft. Don't push too hard when you rub it though. I did that and my skin was a little red afterwards. I did put a little olive oil (great skin anti-inflammatory) on the red spot and it went away quickly.

The cost is cheaper than razor blades, there is no smell to contend with, no risk of cutting myself with a razor or razor burn, and overall I found them so easy to use.

Jomar 05-13-2009 01:54 PM

Thanks , I have been thinking about trying those and wondered if they actually worked or not.

mrsD 05-14-2009 07:56 AM

sounds great--- esp for traveling!

Thanks for the tip!

dmplaura 05-15-2009 07:47 PM

I'm glad you 'reviewed' this product!! I've seen the commercials and wondered if they were a 'too good to be true' thing :p

Now I must have! :)

Dejibo 05-17-2009 09:53 AM

I too used this product, but havent had the same spectacular results. I found on the easy to reach areas it works great, and did a good job. It doesnt scratch or leave burns from all the rubbing. it does take some effort, and persistance. (i am a hairy girl) as for the spots that are harder to reach, and harder to see, I found i did a patchy job, and had to contort myself in front of a mirror to see where I missed, and had to redo, and redo, and finally called in the husband.

By the time I was done, my arms were exhausted, and I felt spent. I had shiney smooth exfoliated legs, but the next time I needed to shave, I grabbed a razor. So, if you are just doing the bottom part of your legs or arms, or an eazy to reach facial area, go for it. If you are doing all the way up your legs, or have trouble reaching the areas, you may want a razor back up.

It also works best on shorter hair. if you have let your hair grow longer on your legs like most of us tend to do in the winter, think twice.

Sorry, but I wont be buying anymore pads for this one.

SandyC 05-17-2009 10:41 AM

I use it and love it too!!!! Those pads are amazing aren't they? It can be tiring on the arms like Dej said but if you have the time and find you cut yourself with razors then this is the product for you.

The only con I could find is it doesn't work as well under the arms and bikini area. Or maybe I am doing it wrong. LOL