NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Bad Weather!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/86968-bad-weather.html)

Alffe 05-14-2009 10:02 AM

Bad Weather!!

I hope our Goofy and Wren are alright! :grouphug:

Curious 05-14-2009 10:22 AM

I just saw the weather. :eek:

We had some heavy thunderstorms here, but the worst missed us.

Wren..sweet bird and silly Goofy...check in when you can. :hug: :hug:

BTW...Goofy....we didn't go to King Tut on Sunday, we are going this Sunday..last day..but tickets are 1/2 price. Hubby got them online already.

Wren 05-14-2009 05:33 PM

Thanks you for concern ....:hug:
In this section of Missouri we had no bad weather at all -- just a bit of wind and rain. Right now I'm watching TV weather showing all the terrible wind and tornado damage in the state.
I had to drive to the state capitol this morning (yikes - my first time) but didn't see a bit of damage anywhere. :p I didn't cause any either.

Doody 05-14-2009 06:24 PM

I had no idea this was happening. I'm particularly happy that our (((Ms. Wren))) is safe. And hoping (((Ms. Goofy))) is safe as well.

Lara 05-14-2009 09:18 PM

Bad weather down in Tasmania too apparently.
Hope you keep safe, Koala. You getting any of that wind and rain?

Hopefully Goofy will check in soon.

FeelinGoofy 05-14-2009 10:51 PM

The tornado was like 3 miles from us but it never touched ground!!!!
kinda scary..... we lost electricity for just a bit but all is well in Norman.
I'm a proud momma..... We just got back from Scotts Spring Choir Concert and he won an award for best vocalist in the the whole choir. His peers voted on him.... A boy that he went to Kindergarten with won best male vocalist. We got a photo of them together and we're gonna send a copy to his music teacher in elementary school LOL.....
Its late and i need a shower... {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}
nite

Curious 05-15-2009 02:42 AM

Glad to hear y'all are safe.

HUGE congrats to Scott!!!!!!

Koala77 05-15-2009 05:10 AM

:Off-Topic: Congratulations to Scott from me as well Goofy! :yahoo:

So glad to read that all are safe from the terrible storms. Bushfires in California, and storms in the south. Not nice! :(

Koala77 05-15-2009 11:27 PM

Sorry Lara, but I didn't see your post about the bad weather in my state until this morning. We were luckier here in the north than our southern counterparts. It appears they've suffered quite a bit.

DH & I were awakened at around 2am by the very strong winds. We have a 2 story home and the garage is under our bedroom. :( The sound of the wind crashing into the garage door ensured that DH and I didn't get much sleep last night. :rolleyes: We had no damage though, so I guess we were lucky.

More strong winds are predicted again for this evening, so let's hope that we escape again without any major problems.

Here's some photos for you......even a bus got hit!

Lara 05-16-2009 03:34 AM

So good to hear you and your husband were safe yesterday and last night.

All the best for tonight. I love heavy rain, but I find wind very scary indeed.

Thanks for the reply, Koala. I was concerned about you down there.