NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Red rash all over (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/88573-red-rash.html)

ConnieS 06-02-2009 11:00 PM

Red rash all over

Hi everyone, need a bit of help here. Been having rashes since they started me on new drips, and also hormone pills. Would anyone know what the cause could be? The rash seems to be spreading and its not bumpy, i'm just red all over. it started from the neck and now my face and chest is red too. They stopped one of the drips which uses placenta to see if its due to that. but i'm just wondering could the hormone pills be a cause too?

redtail 06-02-2009 11:52 PM

Hi Connie,

sorry you aren't doing to well. Wish I had some answers for you but have no idea!!!
Hope you get some answers soon.
take care

AnnieB3 06-03-2009 02:32 PM

Connie, What "drips" are you on? What medication? Rashes can be anything from side effects to adverse reactions to allergic reactions to infections to inflammation. You need to see a dermatologist or your primary doctor right away. We really can't help you other than offer you support! A doctor is the only one who can.

Rashes are not always benign. And a rash that is spreading is of more concern. PLEASE go in somewhere today, whether that is your doc's office, urgent care or the ER. I hope you get answers soon.

Annie

watsonsh 06-03-2009 02:54 PM

Could be a viral rash like and HSV-1 rash which can come when immune compromised or changes in hormone levels.

Ask the doc for an anti-viral med and see if it goes away.

erinhermes 06-03-2009 08:37 PM

Hi Connie!

I DID get a red rash all over when I first started my meds - it didn't itch or anything - it was just unsightly. When my neuro saw it, he ordered labs that minute - literally - nothing came of it, though a lot of the "spots" turned in to acne after a few weeks. :(!!!!! Not pretty! But not serious, either. They still don't know what caused the rash, but it did go away.........:D

I bet your GP or neuro is going to want labs done to check things out!

Hope it goes away soon and doesn't tun into ACNE! Who'd of thunk it @ 34? LOL

Big hugs!
Erin:D

Pat 110 06-04-2009 12:49 PM

Hi Connie,

I'm sorry you have the rash. Did your doctor do any tests to see why you have it? It sounds like you are in good hands this time and you seem to like the neuro...I'm so happy for you.:D Keep us posted when you can. We're all pulling for you!;)

Take care,
Pat

AnnieB3 06-07-2009 03:26 PM

Connie, Are you doing okay? Little worried about you.

Annie

ConnieS 07-03-2009 02:02 AM

Thanks Shelley!

Thanks Shelley! They found the culprit! Turned out it was one of the drips that I was on that was causing the rashes, though they mentioned that its because I am too weak, hence the allergy. Got better 4 days after they stopped the drip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelley (Post 518753)
Could be a viral rash like and HSV-1 rash which can come when immune compromised or changes in hormone levels.

Ask the doc for an anti-viral med and see if it goes away.

ConnieS 07-03-2009 02:04 AM

Thanks Erin!

Hey babe, missed you! =) Yup, mine was a red rash too, and my skin got exceptionally red if something scratched against it. Suddenly the doctors were coming in and scratching me with their stuff to look at the redness. Lol. Now some of my meds are causing acne and I hate it!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinhermes (Post 518956)
I DID get a red rash all over when I first started my meds - it didn't itch or anything - it was just unsightly. When my neuro saw it, he ordered labs that minute - literally - nothing came of it, though a lot of the "spots" turned in to acne after a few weeks. :(!!!!! Not pretty! But not serious, either. They still don't know what caused the rash, but it did go away.........:D

I bet your GP or neuro is going to want labs done to check things out!

Hope it goes away soon and doesn't tun into ACNE! Who'd of thunk it @ 34? LOL

Big hugs!
Erin:D

ConnieS 07-03-2009 02:08 AM

Thanks Annie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieB3 (Post 520456)
Connie, Are you doing okay? Little worried about you.

Annie

Hi Annie, Thanks so much! So sorry to have made you worried. Went into a crisis or rather my condition worsened after that post, so wasn't able to logon after that. Practically slept everyday away and had to hav oxygen through the tubes. Couldn't move at all. At one point, didnt eat for a few days and was told if I couldn't eat anymore, they would have to put feeding tubes into me. Thank God the dietician agreed to let me have milks, drinks and soups for the time being. It was pretty scary, those two weeks I was in crisis. The allergy didn't cause the crisis, but for some unknown reason, I was just exceptionally weak and my bloodwork went all crazy, extreme highs and lows. Now they're suspecting more of ALS or MND, so am just keeping my fingers crossed.