NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Just checking in (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/8950-checking.html)

Nathan1097 12-14-2006 03:03 PM

Just checking in

Hi. Haven't posted in a w hile.

Still at my job. Still dating Christopher. Its all about the same. Missed my psych. appointment a few days ago- my mom wrote down on her calendar 8:00 a.m. for the time (the default when you don't put a time) and thus didn't check with me if it was really that time, so when I told her at 2:30 I was leaving for my apopintment, she said "Who's going to get the kids?" and went into an ego guilt trip on me about Kevin's job, etc. So... I didn't go. However, Things are going well with me and Christopher. Work is fine, although I didn't go today. I have what seems like bronchitis. Went to the dr. today and got stroids and antibiotics and instructions to up my asthma meds for a while. Eww. Green junk in my lungs. Yummy .... :Sigh:

I'm trying to cook some food really quick as I haven't had any food but a candy bar and coffee so far today. Then I pick up the kids and tonight is my eldest's school musical that I hear he is really good in. TIRED!

OneMoreTime 12-14-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan1097 (Post 49810)
Hi. Haven't posted in a w hile.
Missed my psych. appointment a few days ago- my mom wrote down on her calendar 8:00 a.m. for the time (the default when you don't put a time) and thus didn't check with me if it was really that time, so when I told her at 2:30 I was leaving for my apopintment, she said "Who's going to get the kids?" and went into an ego guilt trip on me about Kevin's job, etc. So... I didn't go. .... :Sigh:

Hello, Nathan.

I don't know you, but since you posted under a "Need Help" thread icon (the red cross within a white circle), I had to drop in and see what is distressing you....

And I see that you missed your psychiatrist's appointment a few days ago. I am sure your doctor was not pleased - not only because he didn't make any money for that time slot, not having time to give the appointment to someone else, but because docs know we need to check in with them regularly so they can help us best.

But worst is what you did to yourself - that you let yourself be guilt-tripped into not going. It is hard to believe that there was absolutely no one at all who could have been dispatched to pick up the children... Another child's parent, for instance, who would be at the school picking up anyway? At least now you know to follow your mom around and correct her entries on her planning calendar. Or hand her your appointment card to fill in the date and time, then get it back for your own records.

I am sorry you are sick -- respiratory illnesses that settle in the lungs are terrible and linger so long. I hope you are much better soon.

Teri

bizi 12-14-2006 04:42 PM

I hope that you are on the mend to feeling better soon and I am so glad that you checked in with us today...
you sound well!
aside from being sick!:rolleyes:
(((HUGS)))
bizi
*waves hi to teri

Mari 12-16-2006 01:00 AM

Dear Nathan,
It is nice to see you posting.
You sound busy.
M.

Nikko 12-16-2006 11:00 AM

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Nathan))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))

Sounds like things are going pretty well. Don't forget to reschedule that p-doc appointment.

We all do that, I have gone on the wrong days, wrong times, DUH on me, happens when too much is on your mind.

Hang in there, Have fun, Enjoy the holidays. I hope the anti-biotics work real soon too.

Hugs, Nikko, it was good to hear from you, keep posting.;)