NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   My dear niece (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/89763-dear-niece.html)

DM 06-14-2009 08:34 PM

My dear niece

Hello friends! I am a nervous wreck, as my dear niece is having surgery for her Chiari Malformation on the 23rd. I am flying to NC on the 21st to be there, as my Sis (her Mom) is also a wreck. My niece has had Chiari's for a long time, but it is at a''must correct now'' situation. There is like a plug in her CSF and she is having alot of distress. For years they incorrectly dx'd her w/severe migraines.

The surgery involves taking a 4 X 4 piece of skull out, remove the plug, take out her C1 vertebrae and do some other corrective work, then put the skull piece back on and pray that no damage has been done or that there is no fluid build up after the surgery, as then, they would have to do more surgery. It's very risky and I'm so scared. This niece is like a DD to my DH and myself and a Sis to my kids'. She has an 11 yo DD and I willl be there for around 10 days.

If you could, I'd so much appreciate a prayers for my sweet niece and our family. I know how much the power of prayer helps. We appreciate it so much.

Thank you all..... :grouphug:

ewizabeth 06-14-2009 08:35 PM

Aw, I hope the surgery goes well, the poor sweet girl. I'll keep her and all of you in my prayers DM. :hug:

Koala77 06-14-2009 08:45 PM

You've got them DM. I know how special she is to you, so I'm glad you'll be there for her and your sister. :hug:

Kitty 06-14-2009 09:26 PM

Praying for a successful surgery and a complete recovery. :hug:

Twinkletoes 06-14-2009 11:50 PM

DM, that is so nice that you will be able to go out and visit her after the surgery.

Praying for you and your dear niece. Gosh, won't that be great when she doesn't have the bad headaches to deal with? :hug:

Friend2U 06-15-2009 03:10 AM

Yes, praying for your niece...

...and family. I hope you are comforted during this time. I do believe in the power of prayer. :hug:

Chemar 06-15-2009 07:56 AM

praying for a successful surgery, good recovery for your niece DM and a peaceful and happy visit for you.

soxmom 06-15-2009 08:03 AM

I will keep your niece in my prayers dear dm.:hug:

dtyree 06-15-2009 09:41 AM

It is a risky surgery, but it is also a very successful surgery. I had this about 4 years ago and was very glad that I did, the outcome was wonderful. Your neice should feel a difference in her body soon after the surgery. However, we all are different and we all respond to surgeries differently. I pray that the surgery for your neice is one of the most positive experiences in her life. Glad the doctors found this in her and the road to recovery for her is an excellant one.

Please do not be scared, she may need you and caregivers need to be positive influences in the lives of those being cared for. If you need more information about Chiari, I will be glad to talk to you.

Peace,
David

DM 06-15-2009 11:12 AM

I am so appreciative of the prayers for my niece. Thank you~ I told my Sis about this thread and she's just amazed. I will print it out and take it w/me for her to read, as I'm sure she will find comfort in it.

Thank you David for your input as someone who has been where my niece is right now. I appreciate your kind words and also see that you are new to NeuroTalk. I sure hope you join and become a member here, as it's a wonderful place. Plus, you've already helped another member~~ ME!

I hope to see you around the boards and please make yourself at home.

Thanks again everyone for the prayers, as I am just so worried. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: