NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   some days chicken...some days feathers (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/89796-days-chicken-days-feathers.html)

lostmary 06-15-2009 07:34 AM

some days chicken...some days feathers

Hi all. Had one of those days yesterday. Started out fine, beautiful weather, breeze, sun, not much humidity, and kids coming over to do fathers day and have dinner. Went out at 7.30 to bring horses in and feed them. somehow, managed to trip and fall, face first, in the barn. Didn't even put my hands out to stop myself. Well, now i have a broken nose, it's all swollen, can't keep my glasses on as it hurts, eyes turning black and blue, knees swollen and really sore, chest hurts, (really, you think my chest would have stopped my nose from hitting the ground :rolleyes:) And, my kitten ran outside, and Ihaven't seen her since yesterday morning. I just came off a flare, and was doing ok. As I said, some days chicken, some days feathers, and now I'm pulling those feathers out of my teeth. :p

Hugs
Mary
:grouphug:

Jimking 06-15-2009 08:44 AM

Sorry to hear about that fall. Made me grit my teeth! I hope it heals without causing you any grief with the RSD. I worry all the time for my wife, who has RSD, when she works in her gardens that she may take a spill. Yes, the weather was very nice and it seems I live close to you in Fairfax county, north on 95. Take very good care of your nose!

jim

ali12 06-15-2009 09:55 AM

Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and nose, Mary!!:hug: I really hope that you start feeling better soon and that the fracture heals OK and you don't develop any further problems!!

I always worry about falling and injuring myself also. My RSD leg is pretty unstable so I lose my balance quite often and have fell a few times and had RSD spreads and flares. When I fell about 2 months ago, my leg gave way and I ended up with a major RSD flare where the doctor thought I had fractured my arm until I had it re-xrayed! It's so scary what this condition can do to you!!

Please take it easy and follow your doctors instructions!!

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending many pain-free hugs your way!! Feel better soon!

aj822 06-15-2009 11:05 AM

Oh you poor thing... I am so sorry! I hope that your pain lets up and that you don't have any additional problems. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!!
Just know that we are all thinking about you and hope your nose and knees feel better.
All of us worry about taking a spill and hurting ourselves... it gives me chills!!
Please take care and rest so the monster won't rear it's ugly head again!
Thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

screwballpookie 06-15-2009 12:05 PM

Hey Mary,
I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you heal up fast and good and don't have to deal with the monster anymore than what you are now. I guess sometimes the monster just has to do something to get us down sometimes but we are all strong and we are all pulling and praying for you. Take it easy as you can and take care.

Sincerely,
Tracy

CRPSbe 06-15-2009 01:23 PM

Mary, please take care of yourself! I am so sorry you fell. It's not enough we have RSD, no, there's things that need to be piled on top of it to make it all worse.

I hope you can have the doctor take a look at your nose. Has that happened yet? If it needs to be fixed, the sooner the better. Trust me on that! Go to a doctor straight away because in a few weeks time it will be a lot more complicated. It's just like with any fracture, if it has set they will have to rebreak it to set it.

AintSoBad 06-15-2009 02:50 PM

Mary,
My heart goes out to you!

Please, take care of your injuries, and rest.
Don't take on more than you can do.

My (and our) concerns and love are with you!

Pete
Asb

SandyRI 06-15-2009 08:43 PM

Mary -

Sorry about your nose, but on the bright side, you did not break one or both of your hands or arms. So you can still work on your farm with your horses and the other animals.

I really hope you find your kitten. And that nose is OK soon.

Take care. XOXOX Sandy

Dew58 06-15-2009 10:44 PM

Mary

Mary..I have you in my thoughts and send you warm healing energy:hug:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ghtgraphic.gif

love you,

bobber 06-15-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostmary (Post 523503)
Hi all. Had one of those days yesterday. Started out fine, beautiful weather, breeze, sun, not much humidity, and kids coming over to do fathers day and have dinner. Went out at 7.30 to bring horses in and feed them. somehow, managed to trip and fall, face first, in the barn. Didn't even put my hands out to stop myself. Well, now i have a broken nose, it's all swollen, can't keep my glasses on as it hurts, eyes turning black and blue, knees swollen and really sore, chest hurts, (really, you think my chest would have stopped my nose from hitting the ground :rolleyes:) And, my kitten ran outside, and Ihaven't seen her since yesterday morning. I just came off a flare, and was doing ok. As I said, some days chicken, some days feathers, and now I'm pulling those feathers out of my teeth. :p

Hugs
Mary
:grouphug:

mary
I hope you heal fast,,,seems like everytime i take a hit,,rsd is there to set up shop....i think im going to invest in bubblewrap,,,,,,,,,,,best wishes,,,,,bobber