NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Crack the Egg (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/89823-crack-egg.html)

Twinkletoes 06-15-2009 04:01 PM

Crack the Egg

This is a game kids play on the trampoline. All but one is seated and crosses their arms and legs and, when the jumper jumps, the idea is to Not come undone.

Well, my lil granddaughter, Emmie (5yo), was playing this last night and landed hard on her left wrist. Her Mom didn't take her to the ER right away because she just didn't complain all that much. (And she IS a drama queen!)

A little later someone suggested that, due to the swelling, Mom take her for X-rays. Sure enough, right next to the wrist both long bones were broken! :eek:

Emmie has a temporary wrap until the swelling subsides, but it hasn't slowed her down. What a dumb thing to have to deal with during summer vacation. :(

barb02 06-15-2009 04:51 PM

Poor Emmie! My one niece dislocated her elbow on a tramp several years ago.

Friend2U 06-15-2009 04:58 PM

Poor little thing! :( Little ones are tough! I hope she heals fast!

hollym 06-15-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 523699)
Emmie has a temporary wrap until the swelling subsides, but it hasn't slowed her down. What a dumb thing to have to deal with during summer vacation. :(

That really does stink! One shouldn't have to be broken on summer vacation. At least it isn't slowing her down. I hope she heals quickly, too.

My boys have strict orders to not ever break anything.:D;)

Aarcyn 06-15-2009 05:25 PM

oh wow! Such an innocent game. I cannot believe she did not complain much.

SallyC 06-15-2009 06:19 PM

Awwwwwwwww, ouch!!!! Poor wittle thing.:hug:

AfterMyNap 06-15-2009 07:02 PM

Good to know she's playing outdoors! She'll be fine, Twink, they have a bunch of cool casting tech now, she'll be able to do most everything, even water. If she had to snap some bones, at least it happened when she's young and can heal!

Chalk it up to childhood, she'll have great stories to tell out of this. You can trust me on this one, I was a rambunctious little stinker myself, my parents had a VIP card at the local ER. ;)

Twinkletoes 06-15-2009 07:57 PM

Barb, Friend, Aarcyn, holly, Sally, Cindy, thanks so much for your support. :) You're right: kids ARE tough, but still ... this Gramma worries! :o

The family is coming over in about 90 min. for a late dinner of fabulous leftovers (my fave meal!), so I'll get to see Emmie firsthand and see how she is.

Oh, and they're going to bring their new kitten to play with my kitten. I like mine better: their's pooped on Mom & Dad's bed this morning. Mom was still in bed and discovered it with her leg. EEEEwwwww!!!!:eek:

We get to tend it and their new puppy while they're gone to Yellowstone in 2 weeks. Oh joy! :rolleyes:

SallyC 06-15-2009 08:19 PM

Two Kittens and a new puppy!!!!! Better get the shovel...LOL :D

Aarcyn 06-15-2009 08:58 PM

two kittens and a puppy. This is going to get interesting! Good luck with this! I am going to follow this thread closely to hear how it goes.:D:D:D