NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Hello Guys! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/90353-hello-guys.html)

cricket001 06-21-2009 07:55 PM

Hello Guys!

Hi. I have been having trouble with my computer...just got a new touch tablet PC....so much easier on my fingers....

I was doing great after my last dose of IVIG...(back in May).....but my symptoms have relapsed again within about 5 weeks of the IVIG. Doc put me back in for 3 more days of IVIG. I am so scared that I will get aseptic meningitis again. They have slowed my rate to 35cc/hr...each infusion is lasting around 12-13 hours.

:grouphug:

redtail 06-21-2009 09:42 PM

Hi Stephanie,

great to hear from you:hug:
Sorry to hear you've relapsed:Noooo:
Will be thinking of you as you get your ivig, and sending positive vibes that all goes well:hug:

Kate

Joanmarie63 06-22-2009 09:53 AM

Cricket, So sorry you are having trouble. Listening to all the problems some people have with IVIG makes me glad I don't take it. I really hope all goes well and that your strength returns soon. :grouphug:

Pat 110 06-22-2009 11:12 AM

Hi Stephanie,

Nice to hear from you. Sorry you haven't been feeling so well. Hope you start feeling better soon. Glad you got a new laptop! Take care.

Hugs,
Pat

erinhermes 06-22-2009 03:28 PM

Hi Stephanie!

Hey honey! I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well and that IV IG gives you such a hard time! was whining about mine being set @ 150 mL an hour- now I feel like such a big fool!:(

Why doesn't your dr give you the plasma exchange? It just seems logical to me that if you get so sick, your body is telling you something.........My neuro was worried about my first IV IG and told me that if I had really nasty side effects, it would be my last - the plasma exchange would be my only option - fortunately I haven't had any yet........:D

When do you go back in to the hospital? Do they make you stay IN the hosp for the full time or are you able to go home after your treatments? Some very lucky people are able to get it at home - an option I would LOVE!

I'll add you to our prayer list - if that's alright with you!

Big, big hugs!
Erin:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricket001 (Post 526458)
Hi. I have been having trouble with my computer...just got a new touch tablet PC....so much easier on my fingers....

I was doing great after my last dose of IVIG...(back in May).....but my symptoms have relapsed again within about 5 weeks of the IVIG. Doc put me back in for 3 more days of IVIG. I am so scared that I will get aseptic meningitis again. They have slowed my rate to 35cc/hr...each infusion is lasting around 12-13 hours.

:grouphug:

maryec 06-22-2009 10:06 PM

Stephanie, I am so sorry, you have to go through that fear. I am allergic to some of the antibody's of the IVIG, & get so sick from it. We are going to try high dose IV pred. Instead. I should be bouncing of the walls with energy !
My Neuro has given me pred before the IVIG, to hold back the rejection of the antibody's.
I hope you get feeling better soon !
Mary