NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Hobby Thread (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/9060-hobby-thread.html)

mrsD 12-16-2006 08:47 AM

Hobby Thread

I wonder sometimes what hobbies we all have?

I have had so many.... I lose track sometimes.

I'll start off.
I have a second career, but it is more of a hobby these days. I am an artist, but have not had as much time and energy to devote to it lately.

I'll put a picture up here as an example.

I also work in the yard, and garden. I like to start some plants from seeds, and I do with wildflowers at our summer place.

I also like music, and listen to alot of diverse things. Right now I am grooving on Josh Groban's new CD AWAKE... it is awesome..and a nice Xmas present for some of you!

Do any of you have favorite animals (besides the cats/dogs?)

I love hummingbirds and will put up a picture for that when I get home from work today... running out of time all of a sudden!:p

Alffe 12-16-2006 09:32 AM

Hi Mrs.D.....I adore Josh Groban and we are going to see him in person in Chicago in Feb. I also love my flowerbeds..:mad: , a sea of mud as we got a new septic system that torn them all up.

I also have been known to like squirrels. :D

Julie 12-16-2006 11:54 AM

I love to garden. I miss all my fleurs and trees in Houston. I hope this year I can start back with more gardening.

I have always been fascinated with polar bears. I think other than dolphins, they just always look like they are having a great time.

Burntmarshmallow 12-16-2006 03:10 PM

hello mrsd alf and julie
i like to write and go to art gallerys and art shows.
This is a great thread by the way FUN :)

I LOVE TO FISH. I like hiking and biking in the woods on trails. i love sports watching them ha not playing them .football and baseball and horseracing .
we go to beach and on the boat fishing. fresh fish yummy. we see manatees and dolphines all the time here. and sharks we have the most shark bites at our beach out of the whole state.. after the suffers they is ha ha.
I garden also but tops for me is writing and music and arts shows.
my favorite animal is a bird the owl . but I do like elephants too
Thanks for the fun , and nice to chat with you all

lisa6wks 12-16-2006 05:01 PM

MrsD.
Your picture of maple leaves is beautiful. I had no idea you were so talented in this area as well.

Lisa

heyjude5050 12-16-2006 07:11 PM

Mrs D,

I love to antique anything that is unfinished. I just discovered that I ain't too bad at it either. Each piece gets a bit better.

I even put 2 pieces in a Chinese action for a benefit party that our hospital held for one of the employees.

I can't believe that I had the confidence to let people see them.

I couldn't give money, but it did help in raising some.

IT FELT GREAT TO BE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hugs,

Judy