NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Bird Poison (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/90941-bird-poison.html)

kicker 06-25-2009 06:51 AM

Bird Poison

I am currently taking a Fampridine like (Not FDA approved yet) 4-AP (compounded for me), usually used as a Bird Poison. Doctor hopes dosage right not to kill me or cause seizures. Yet he hesitates to prescribe LDN as it hasn't had enough trials he can read about in his journals. Doctors!!!

Kitty 06-25-2009 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 528400)
I am currently taking a Fampridine like (Not FDA approved yet) 4-AP (compounded for me), usually used as a Bird Poison. Doctor hopes dosage right not to kill me or cause seizures. Yet he hesitates to prescribe LDN as it hasn't had enough trials he can read about in his journals. Doctors!!!

I've heard of 4-AP but never heard of it used as a bird poison. :confused:

Why would anyone want to poison birds, anyway?? :eek:

My doctor who prescribes my LDN suggested I take 4-AP but I couldn't afford it plus the LDN. I've been fine without it.

kicker 06-25-2009 07:32 AM

People (some) so want to poison birds!! My e-mail friend in the UK did not like trees (fear of falling on house) and wanted birds nesting on front porch and fouling area gone. My one neighbor feed the squirrels, the woman next door got very upset, wanted them gone. I will not intercede (Circle of life and all that) but enjoying watching. I live on edge of County Park, see lots of birds, hedgehogs, foxes, rabbits, deer, squirrels, etc. 4-AP is a drug that works within hours, not like ADs requiring build-up, once stopped, clears system quickly. Like 2 people I know who have used previously, was there a very slight improvement or is it Placebo effect? Is that little bit worth my perception of negative side effects? Right now, I'm not convinced I want to continue long.

SallyC 06-25-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 528400)

Yeah, but 4-AP is very costly and puts lots of money in peoples pockets.....so what if it's poison..:rolleyes:

kicker 06-25-2009 09:04 AM

It was $40.00. My co-pay when used, can be $20 and up.Not being FDA approved health insurance not open to paying

kicker 06-25-2009 09:04 AM

And that was with shipping Fed-ex.

SallyC 06-25-2009 09:11 AM

I knew some people on 4AP years ago, who said it was very costly...Hmmmmmmm.:confused: Maybe it's the new name..:confused:

Don't they make it especially for you from your own blood, or do I have it confused with something else??

Riverwild 06-25-2009 10:24 AM

4 AP is 4-aminopyridine, and yes, it is a poison used for pest control of birds. It's a sodium channel blocker.

The funny thing is you can get it fairly cheaply and people have done that for years for treatment of MS.

You can bet your bottom dollar that what they come out with in a pill form will be VERY expensive since they have to pay for all those studies!

Link to a US chemical company for an idea of costs:
http://www.mpbio.com/product_info.ph...ucts_id=150366

This company has it 100 GM for $127.60 and 5 GM for $30.00!

Kitty 06-25-2009 11:04 AM

Mine was going to cost about $70 for a month's supply. I couldn't get that and my LDN, too, so I chose to stick with the LDN.

kicker 06-25-2009 11:18 AM

A Potassium blocker. First seen in a jellyfish's sting. The concept has always interested me. Aarcyn knows a pharmacist who compouinds., it felt good kinda knowoing someone who knows someone,m got it quickly, AZ to MD.

But it makes me feel dis-connected. And more tired than usual or maybe I'm progressing. Who knows.