NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Please listen for my bell and I値l listen for yours.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/92030-please-listen-bell-ll-listen.html)

Addy 07-02-2009 09:54 PM

Please listen for my bell and I値l listen for yours....

This is one of my favourite inspirational stories about friends...

The Blind Horse (author unknown)

Just up the road from my home is a field, with two horses in it. From a distance, each looks like every other horse. But if you stop your car, or are walking by, you will notice something quite amazing.

Looking into the eyes of one horse will disclose that he is blind. His owner has chosen not to have him put down, but has made a good home for him.

This alone is amazing.

If nearby and listening, you will hear the sound of a bell. Looking around for the source of the sound, you will see that it comes from the smaller horse in the field. Attached to her halter is a small bell. It lets her blind friend know where she is, so he can follow her.

As you stand and watch these two friends, you値l see how she is always checking on him, and that he will listen for her bell and then slowly walk to where she is, trusting that she will not lead him astray. When she returns to the shelter of the barn each evening, she stops occasionally and looks back, making sure her friend isn稚 too far behind to hear the bell.

Good friends are like this..........You don稚 always see them, but you know they are always there.

Please listen for my bell and I値l listen for yours....

BlueMajo 07-03-2009 12:14 AM

Addy,

You have me in tears here...

I have been feeling extremely emotional these days.... I have insomia tonight and I have been thinking about animals for a while tonight as I love them and think they are the only ones that understand me...

And... I come here...

Read this...

About friendship and animals... Horses which I adore... I mean... Im crying...

Thanks for posting this lovely story.

:hug:

I will go and try to sleep now....

Addy 07-03-2009 12:45 AM

(((BlueMajo))) I'm sorry you're having a tough night sleeping. Is it too hot to sleep? and are thoughts running through your head that you just can't stop?

I hope not... and by the time you read this, its morning and you finally slept.... and maybe dreamt of the horses you love...

I hear your bell. :hug:

Koala77 07-03-2009 12:53 AM

Thank you Addy.

It's always good to be reminded that you have friends out there who need you, even if you haven't met them yet.

BlueMajo 07-03-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addy (Post 532375)
(((BlueMajo))) I'm sorry you're having a tough night sleeping. Is it too hot to sleep? and are thoughts running through your head that you just can't stop?

I hope not... and by the time you read this, its morning and you finally slept.... and maybe dreamt of the horses you love...

I hear your bell. :hug:

Thank you Addy :hug:

I managed to sleep 5 hours... Im falling asleep today........

Im having terrible days at work so, Im feeling too worried and stressed, that's why I cant sleep :(

:hug: ssssssssssss

Addy 07-03-2009 12:35 PM

:sing: 5 hours is great ... but still not enough, I know.

And stressful times at work ... man, I can only relate and commiserate... been there before. :hug:

DejaVu 07-03-2009 09:17 PM

Bells ring eternal!

((Addy))), thank you so very much for sharing and warming my heart!:hug:

((BlueMajo)) I hope you are feeling (and sleeping) better tonight?
Offering you postive thoughts, prayer and healing hugs!:hug:

((Koala)), such an insightful thought you've shared with us! Also heart-warming!:hug: Thank you!:)

It's a very tough night for me. It is the anniversary of the tragic death of one of my siblings. We were great friends and had talked in the phone every day, at least once each day! (This is on the days we did not spend time together in person.)

As I'd stood by the bedside where my dear friend/sibling was dying several years ago now, the July 3rd fireworks were "sounding off," "booming" throughout the city. My heart so incredibly saddened, so incredibly crushed.:Sob:

As I write this now, the July 3 fireworks are "booming" throughout the same city. :Sob: I miss you terribly, dear friend/sibling! :Boy(angel-flying):

Yet, I often continue to hear your very distinctive bell!:Heart:
My heart sings, because the sound of your bell reassures me you are well and we remain forever connected!:hug:

Healing hugs to all!:grouphug:

barbo 07-03-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DejaVu (Post 532705)
((Addy))), thank you so very much for sharing and warming my heart!:hug:

((BlueMajo)) I hope you are feeling (and sleeping) better tonight?
Offering you postive thoughts, prayer and healing hugs!:hug:

((Koala)), such an insightful thought you've shared with us! Also heart-warming!:hug: Thank you!:)

It's a very tough night for me. It is the anniversary of the tragic death of one of my siblings. We were great friends and had talked in the phone every day, at least once each day! (This is on the days we did not spend time together in person.)

As I'd stood by the bedside where my dear friend/sibling was dying several years ago now, the July 3rd fireworks were "sounding off," "booming" throughout the city. My heart so incredibly saddened, so incredibly crushed.:Sob:

As I write this now, the July 3 fireworks are "booming" throughout the same city. :Sob: I miss you terribly, dear friend/sibling! :Boy(angel-flying):

Yet, I often continue to hear your very distinctive bell!:Heart:
My heart sings, because the sound of your bell reassures me you are well and we remain forever connected!:hug:

Healing hugs to all!:grouphug:

I''m thinking of you Dejavu - hugs for you!

DejaVu 07-04-2009 07:06 AM

((Barbo)), thanks for your kindness.:hug:
So deeply appreciated!:hug:

GmaSue 07-04-2009 01:30 PM

This reminds me of one of my dear friend's dog, Jack, who was deaf. His brothers, Chase & Ozzy, who evidentally understood he was deaf, would make sure he was included in things by pouncing on him to wake him up if anything was happening that was dog-worthy, like supper or something to bark at. Isn't that great how they took care of him in the only way they could!
(He developed severe kidney problems and they had to put him to sleep this week. RIP, Little Jack.)