NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/)
-   -   nattokinase? fibroboost? opinions anyone? (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/92226-nattokinase-fibroboost-opinions.html)

bruegger84 07-04-2009 11:31 PM

butterbur/allergies/headaches/natto

nattokinase? fibroboost? opinions anyone?

I was thinking of taking one of these supplements.

mrsD 07-05-2009 07:35 AM

I don't have any experience with either of those supplements.
What are you trying to accomplish? Do you have Fibro?

edit to add... I will say that if you have vascular headache, polyphenols might make it worse. Red wine is one trigger for some migraine patients, for example. That Fibroboost does not say where their polyphenols come from. So if you spend the pricey cost, and if you get a headache, that will tell you to stop using them.

daniella 07-05-2009 11:47 AM

I was going to state magnesium. It is obviously my favorite supplement since I suggest it to others often though for me I have not seen much change but it may help your muscle relax. I see you have anxiety etc and do you think your migraines are worse during a high state of that?

bruegger84 07-05-2009 02:40 PM

magnesium does jack **** for me basically, i took it for awhile too. ok so yah i wouldnt take the fibroboost

but the nattokinase might help me out. i get cluster headaches/tension headaches.

sorry for the language, im used to the crazymeds.org lingo, cuz ive been on that site lately alot.

daniella 07-05-2009 04:51 PM

So you are looking for supplement help for the head aches? I asked on my thread but do you have rsd? I ask cause my pain doc suggested vitamin c too. So I m not sure if you take that but I thought I would suggest it.

bruegger84 07-05-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniella (Post 533197)
So you are looking for supplement help for the head aches? I asked on my thread but do you have rsd? I ask cause my pain doc suggested vitamin c too. So I m not sure if you take that but I thought I would suggest it.

yah i take vit c, it's in my b-complex.

bruegger84 07-05-2009 09:06 PM

mrs D

mrs D you still didn't tell me about nattokinase so far, so what is it, is it any good?

Vowel Lady 07-05-2009 10:25 PM

Butterbur is known to help with headaches.
I have seen a study indicating clearly of the possibility it helps people.
Magnesium is also well liked.

Other supplements said to help:
Calcium
CoQ10
B Vitamins

Some people say they benefit from Feverfew (it never helped me).

bruegger84 07-05-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vowel Lady (Post 533324)
Butterbur is known to help with headaches.
I have seen a study indicating clearly of the possibility it helps people.
Magnesium is also well liked.

Other supplements said to help:
Calcium
CoQ10
B Vitamins

thank you ill def check out butterbur for my headaches,

but i was also looking for something akin to a coq10, in that something that would help out my vascular system in a way, like the nattokinase is supposed to do. nattokinase is supposedly a soybean type aspirin. so nevermind about that.

Vowel Lady 07-05-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruegger84 (Post 533326)
thank you ill def check out butterbur for my headaches,

but i was also looking for something akin to a coq10, in that something that would help out my vascular system in a way, like the nattokinase is supposed to do. no one knows anything about that, so lets just not talk about it anymore.

I was told to only take "pharmaceutical grade" Butterbur.
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/...tterbur_01.htm

Thought it was important to mention this...wont say anything else.