NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Wheelchair flag (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/94214-wheelchair-flag.html)

kicker 07-18-2009 10:14 AM

Wheelchair flag

My side walk out of yard is done, my ramp (which I call Ramp of Death - very steep, ending near pool - YIKES!!!) in place, Me and DH went out for a walk,( 9-year old dog started laying down and refused to move on return trip) and DH wants me to get flag as there are no sidewalks here and I can really go fast (well faster then he can walk.), Looked online, hard to find, ones I did very expensive. Help!!! Auto-store?? Local flag store? I got a pirate flag once for play area boat (DH built, loving every moment - he used to be a carpenter) If needed, we can attach to gorilla tripod and they make screw joiners - can attach camera or video camera. - (see Marcs wheelchair kamikaze) Accessories for handicapped really expensive!!!!

Dejibo 07-18-2009 10:36 AM

home Depot or Lowes should carry flag things.

I am glad you have a ramp, but scared that its steep and lands you near the pool. Can you put rubber strips down that are rough, and provide a place to break? or speed bumps? that would make it hard to come back up, but I would hate to think of you losing a hand grip, and off you go.

Be safe please! :hug:

Taffy 07-18-2009 10:43 AM

Awesome on the ramp. Please be careful on the steep part.:hug:

Twinkletoes 07-18-2009 11:55 PM

Sheesh, kicker -- just think of how many people line up in water parks for rides like that, lol! You should start charging! :D

Be keerful, my friend! :hug:

Lady 07-19-2009 12:07 AM

Kicker how about a Wal-Mart or bike store. I know they have them for kids bikes so they can be seen in traffic, and on sidewalks, what with all the cars backing out of their driveways. Even the sidewalks aren't safe.
Just a thought.

kicker 07-19-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady (Post 539503)
Kicker how about a Wal-Mart or bike store. I know they have them for kids bikes so they can be seen in traffic, and on sidewalks, what with all the cars backing out of their driveways. Even the sidewalks aren't safe.
Just a thought.

Bike Store!! What a great idea! Thank you!!!

Bets 07-19-2009 09:36 AM

I think we should make a bunch of flags, so you can change them out depending on your mood or occasion or your outfit. I have fabric paint, sewing machine and you know I have glitter flor a little bling. :D

My dog gave up walking the other day also, too hot. I thought I was going to have to carry her home, luckily someone gave her some water and she recovered quickly.

Erin524 07-19-2009 02:43 PM

Bike stores do carry the flags and the poles and the attachments for hooking the flags to bicycles.

We bought one to put on my mom's scooter, but there's no where to attach the pole to.

SallyC 07-19-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 539267)
My side walk out of yard is done, my ramp (which I call Ramp of Death - very steep, ending near pool - YIKES!!!) in place,

I learned the hard way....turn your speed down to *creep along*, when going down steep ramp. :eek:

Good luck on the flag..:hug:

Lady 07-19-2009 10:57 PM

If you have to attach anything, use my other favorite item. Duck tape. It comes in all kinds of colors.

Make sure it has the real yellow "Duck" picture inside the tape roll. I patch holes on my plastic yard chair covers, and BBQ vinyl cover, and with snow, rain and hot sun on it over the years, it never gets loose. I love duck tape. :)