NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Aneurysm (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/)
-   -   Staple Removal Question? (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/94375-staple-removal-question.html)

beejill 07-19-2009 10:55 PM

Staple Removal Question?

Hello

I will be gettting my staples removed on Thursday. For those of you that have went through this already how painful is it? Do you find you rest better with them removed?

Thanks for your help

Koala77 07-20-2009 01:26 AM

I'm assuming you mean skin staples here beejill, so if I'm wrong please ignore my answer.

I've had staples myself (the last time was a very big abdominal surgical wound) and coming out they didn't hurt at all. If one was a bit stuck it just stung a tiny bit as it came out, but I found them much less uncomfortable than stitches.

They have a little metal staple remover that slides under the centre of the staple, and when pressed it flattens the staple out so it pops out of your skin. Easy peesy!

If I ever had the choice, I'd always have staples now over stitches now.

ouch 07-20-2009 12:54 PM

beejill

I too was nervous about having my staples removed. They had a numbing spray they put on my head and i would sure ask for that. Most were fine, but i did have a few where did let the f bomb drop. However once having them out it was so worth it.
So hang in there, ask for numbing stuff,and it will be over before you now ir.
It seems most of us are cut from center of head to the back of our ear. I was all left side, so just another phase of healing. And then you can go home and wash your hair a lot better than before to get remaining blood out.
Best of luck............you can do it.........you and i certainly have been through worse right !!!

Ouch

beejill 07-20-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouch (Post 540114)
I too was nervous about having my staples removed. They had a numbing spray they put on my head and i would sure ask for that. Most were fine, but i did have a few where did let the f bomb drop. However once having them out it was so worth it.
So hang in there, ask for numbing stuff,and it will be over before you now ir.
It seems most of us are cut from center of head to the back of our ear. I was all left side, so just another phase of healing. And then you can go home and wash your hair a lot better than before to get remaining blood out.
Best of luck............you can do it.........you and i certainly have been through worse right !!!

Ouch

thank you so much mine was on the right side just like you center of head to end of ear.can not wait to wash my head.

beejill 07-27-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejill (Post 540186)
thank you so much mine was on the right side just like you center of head to end of ear.can not wait to wash my head.

got them out did not hurt. i washed my head. so much better.

SusieQz 07-29-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejill (Post 539883)
Hello

I will be gettting my staples removed on Thursday. For those of you that have went through this already how painful is it? Do you find you rest better with them removed?

Thanks for your help

I, too, was dreading what I thought would be a horrible experience! It was a piece of cake. I had 40 staples and only 2 kind of stung when they were removed. No problems at all.