NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Fibro without the tender points? (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/94407-fibro-tender.html)

sunnydee 07-20-2009 07:39 AM

Fibro without the tender points?

Is it possible to have Fibromyalgia without the tender points?
Is the pain always like a dull heavy ache?

My pain feels more arthritic. If you lean on your elbows on a table, will your elbows burn if you have FMS?

sunnydee 07-20-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnydee (Post 540000)
Is it possible to have Fibromyalgia without the tender points?
Is the pain always like a dull heavy ache?

My pain feels more arthritic. If you lean on your elbows on a table, will your elbows burn if you have FMS?

OK, I was researching this site and came across Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. This sounds very similar to Fibromyalgia without the tender points. Extreme fatigue, joint pain, strange and powerful headaches, vision problems...... I seem to have more Fibromyalgia like symptoms immediately before and during my period including joint and muscle pain (especially in the hips and lower back), but only pre-period and during my period. But I don't have the FM tender points.

What kind of doctor treats and diagnoses FM and CFS? Neurologist, Rheumatologist?

Also, I have PN. Is it common to have two or more diseases or disorders coexist? I also feel like I'm battling depression. I guess this goes with the territory as well........ I've ranted long enough. I'm beyond exhausted....

Dmom3005 07-20-2009 06:35 PM

Sunnydee

The two CFS and Fibro are very connected. And so are a lot of the other things with pain. I would talk to your family doctor about this.
The main way to get diagnosed with this disorder either one. IS to rule out other things.

Donna

sunnydee 07-20-2009 07:24 PM

Thank you Donna:

What is IS?

finz 07-20-2009 11:55 PM

Just the word 'is'

I think she just typo'd a bit trying to say, "The way to diagnose either of those conditions is to rule out other things."

finz 07-21-2009 12:03 AM

The tender points don't have to be the the areas that ache. Traditionally, the dx of fibro can be made if at least 11 of the 18 spots are tender.....meaning if a massage therapist rubbed on them she would feel a 'knot' or trigger point there and you would feel tenderness.

tamiloo 07-22-2009 01:36 PM

I have no idea...all of the spots...trigger points are very tender to me...:(

sunnydee 07-22-2009 02:22 PM

Thanks to all who have responded....:)

I've been doing some research on Fibromyalgia, and it seems most people classify the pain as muscular and compare it to having the flu or when your muscles are overworked and sore the next day. It seems in some cases the pain is so severe it is debilitating.

Would you say the pain is all over the body (back, shoulders, torso) or isolated to the limbs (arms and legs)?

It's so confusing when you start researching because the symptoms can mimic so many other diseases.

sunnydee 07-22-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnydee (Post 541032)
Thanks to all who have responded....:)

I've been doing some research on Fibromyalgia, and it seems most people classify the pain as muscular and compare it to having the flu or when your muscles are overworked and sore the next day. It seems in some cases the pain is so severe it is debilitating.

Would you say the pain is all over the body (back, shoulders, torso) or isolated to the limbs (arms and legs)?

It's so confusing when you start researching because the symptoms can mimic so many other diseases.

Since I'm asking so many questions.... one more shouldn't hurt:winky:

Is it possible to only have Fibromyalgia symptoms just before and during the mens. cycle?

Thanks again,
Sunny

BlueMajo 07-23-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnydee (Post 541076)
Since I'm asking so many questions.... one more shouldn't hurt:winky:

Is it possible to only have Fibromyalgia symptoms just before and during the mens. cycle?

Thanks again,
Sunny

Hey there ! :)

Well, during that period, my fibro gets worse.... Also, when Im stressed... For example, today, I can barely remember I have fibro... some weeks ago, I was literally sreaming out in pain because I almost killed my culture cells at the lab I work and had a big stress crisis PLUS my mens. cycle... :eek: :eek: So, Im assuming if your fibro is not that bad, perhaps you only "feel" it when you are in those "lovely days" :D :winky:

About pain... well, I never manage to describe fibro pain... I wouldnt say it is muscular... but it is not arthitis like either... it is more like... if you had all your bones and skins inflammed !? :rolleyes: Something that hurts more when you touch it but that even when you dont, it still hurts... I dont know, I still cant describe it ! but, I just can say is a different feeling... in my case at least.

:)

Take care !