NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   problems with Tizanidine for muscle or nerve spasms? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/94474-tizanidine-muscle-nerve-spasms.html)

lexiemae1 07-20-2009 07:11 PM

problems with Tizanidine for muscle or nerve spasms?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does any one have problems taking tizanidine like feeling like you are going to throw up?? I finally got to start taking this for muscle spasms or nerve spasms for rsd and I took it for the first day and felt so much better but then that evening I woke up from a dead sleep feeling like I was going to barf and took it the next day thinking I had the flu and felt waves of nausea wash over me off and on all day. But then of course thought I had stomach flu so stopped taking it. Doc said to quit taking it?? Changed gp doc and he is going thru all paperwork and getting back to me..This week I hope..:eek:

loretta 07-20-2009 11:33 PM

Hi SunshineGirl,
I'm so sorry, I know that's a miserable feeling. I have never heard of that drug before. Your new Dr. should know what's going on. Is it a med that needs to be taken with food- or not???? Take care, loretta

Imahotep 07-21-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl (Post 540281)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does any one have problems taking tizanidine like feeling like you are going to throw up?? I finally got to start taking this for muscle spasms or nerve spasms for rsd and I took it for the first day and felt so much better but then that evening I woke up from a dead sleep feeling like I was going to barf and took it the next day thinking I had the flu and felt waves of nausea wash over me off and on all day. But then of course thought I had stomach flu so stopped taking it. Doc said to quit taking it?? Changed gp doc and he is going thru all paperwork and getting back to me..This week I hope..:eek:

I take it for tremors at night. It's an extremely fine tremor that I didn't even know I had but the tizanidine pretty much stops it which lets me sleep.

It's the one medication I have to take with food; usually about 3 oz of milk.

I've never noticed any side effects other than the tremor stopping.

lexiemae1 07-21-2009 02:02 AM

Oh the medicine worked great for the muscle nerve spasms but I woke up the first night out of a deep sleep and felt like I was going to barf. It could have been the flu bug.. I think I will try taking it again and see if I have the same reactions to it. Thanks guys and girls..

Jomar 07-21-2009 10:29 AM

My dd took it for back muscle spasms and she had no problems with it.

If you try it again and have the same reaction or not, then you'll know if it was the med or the flu.

angelrsd 07-21-2009 10:38 AM

hey i have been on it for years with no problems .. maybe its just something that you cant take. it does help alot with the tremors. as i also have essential tremors and this helps alot. am sorry that it is makin you so sick.. that is a horrible feeling..

hope that they can find something that works for ya

carrie