NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Thank you for sharing... (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/94684-thank-sharing.html)

Notaclue 07-22-2009 05:41 PM

Thank you for sharing...

I am new to NeuroTalk and it was nice to see a sub forum dedicated to animals.

They are gifts I believe and the fact that my life is about helping them is the only thing that keeps me from giving up on life. I have had depression for years and now have MS my best companion through it all has been my sweet cat who rests beside me and comes to me when I cry

When I am no longer able to work I don't know what I will do as animals are my world. I have the best job in the world!!

I suspect I may be spending as much time in this sub forum and in MS as I so loved hearing your stories.

I do not know how long I have to be a member or how many posts I need to have in order to PM but as I said I work with animals and have learned a thing or two so if you have any medical concerns feel free to contact me-it is no substitute for taking your pet into a veterinarian but I know how hard it can be to get a pet into be seen when you have a major illness and may be able to help. Just want to offer what I can is all.

Thank you all for sharing...it has helped me and made what was a bad day much much nicer.

B

GmaSue 07-22-2009 09:17 PM

I agree with you that animals are wonderful gifts that can bring us so much joy and comfort and even survival. Welcome to NT!

braingonebad 07-23-2009 08:35 AM

I agree too. It's amazing how they *get it* when the people around you fail to, how they can comfort without a word, make you laugh when you need it most. They are always there when you need them, never judging, never demanding.

msarkie 07-23-2009 07:39 PM

It's unbelievable how intuitive animals can be. I used to have a red heeler that I used as a therapy dog - I would take her to nursing homes and the chemo clinic. She loved everybody and would go right up to most people. There was one lady she skipped over at the chemo clinic, and I found out later that person was afraid of dogs. Penny (the dog) sensed that fear and didn't approach her at all.

Katie, my current cat, is very tuned in to emotional upsets. If I'm having an argument with DH, she will sit right at my feet and meow loudly, make eye contact with us, try to jump into my arms, wash my face if I hold her..... it's like she's trying to let me know she's on my side.

Doody 07-26-2009 10:27 AM

Welcome to NT ((Notaclue)). I couldn't agree more!

Kitty 07-26-2009 11:16 AM

I love my pets (cats)......they accept me each day "as is" and make no demands (other than food & water). I'd rather spend time with my pets than with (some) people! :rolleyes: