NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Does SSI & SSDI come separate? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/95010-ssi-ssdi-separate.html)

xmelax36 07-25-2009 03:01 PM

Does SSI & SSDI come separate?

Does SSI and SSDI payments come separate or do they send them together as one payment?

Hoosier_Daddy 07-25-2009 10:28 PM

SSI and SSDI

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmelax36 (Post 542229)
Does SSI and SSDI payments come separate or do they send them together as one payment?

Mine came separately. I was approved June 24th and last week a deposit for the SSI showed up. Still nothing as far as SSDI backpay yet.

xmelax36 08-10-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy (Post 542450)
Mine came separately. I was approved June 24th and last week a deposit for the SSI showed up. Still nothing as far as SSDI backpay yet.

Hi, I did end up getting my payments within 2 - 3 weeks of getting approved. I appreciate the reply.

Hoosier_Daddy 08-10-2009 06:35 PM

payment

That's good. I am still waiting for backpay for 1 of my 3 children, as well as my backpay. This should not take as long as it now does.

billie 08-12-2009 06:52 PM

Retroactive benefits can take a few months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmelax36 (Post 549905)
Hi, I did end up getting my payments within 2 - 3 weeks of getting approved. I appreciate the reply.

It doesn't hurt to call occasionally on the toll free SS 800 #, just to make sure your back pay hasn't been erroneously routed through the wrong office. That happened with mine, but a call straightened it out. The longer you have to wait, the bigger the retroactive benefit amount, so there's 2 sides to the story. I used to work in a psychiatrict hospital, and we admitted a transient man, who apparently hitchhiked all over the country and couldn't even recall that he had ever signed up for benefits. He appeared quite indigent, and he stayed with us for several months. One day, I got a call from Reimbursement office advising that they had taken his hospital bill out of the retroactive benefits that had materialized. After this, the hobo of the rode still had $78,000. He would NOT accept it, fearing that, to do so, would be theft. He was quite emphatic about it, so we found him a nursing home and sent him and his money along with him. Keep calling! billie

Hoosier_Daddy 08-19-2009 04:35 AM

Was told not to call anymore

I called the 800 number yesterday to see about the backpay as it is over 2 months. well the gentleman I got told me by calling I could of pushed my pay back another 30 days. He said everytime I call it sends up a red flag and it pushes everything back. He said quit calling and everytihng will be done in a timely manner. I get tired of all of the crap I get from the 800 number. This is my backpay and I deserve it. Not the runaround I get everytime I try to get it.

Dmom3005 08-24-2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy (Post 554047)
I called the 800 number yesterday to see about the backpay as it is over 2 months. well the gentleman I got told me by calling I could of pushed my pay back another 30 days. He said everytime I call it sends up a red flag and it pushes everything back. He said quit calling and everytihng will be done in a timely manner. I get tired of all of the crap I get from the 800 number. This is my backpay and I deserve it. Not the runaround I get everytime I try to get it.

Hoosier Daddy
The gentlemen just didn't want to talk to you on the phone. He needs to be reported. Hope you got his name.

Donna

stella tsakalos 08-18-2010 10:07 PM

wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosier_daddy (Post 554047)
i called the 800 number yesterday to see about the backpay as it is over 2 months. Well the gentleman i got told me by calling i could of pushed my pay back another 30 days. He said everytime i call it sends up a red flag and it pushes everything back. He said quit calling and everytihng will be done in a timely manner. I get tired of all of the crap i get from the 800 number. This is my backpay and i deserve it. Not the runaround i get everytime i try to get it.

you will never get correct info from calling the 800 number.lol.you can call each day if you want to,and they shouldnt tell you to stop calling.if you want clear cut info,then your local ss office is where you need to go-i went evryday for 2weeks untill they got so tired of me,that my backpay was in my bank the next day lol..persistence is the key(wink)

Janke 08-18-2010 11:49 PM

A few facts about the teleservice center and the people who staff the 800#. When the phone calls exceed the capacity of the staff, SSA pulls in Benefit Authorizors from the payment centers to answer the incoming calls. So, the Benefits Authorizers are taken away from their usual job of processing your claim to payment and so that work is pushed further into the future. The TSC cannot make the payment center work any faster than they already do. All they can tell you is an estimate of the backlog time.

Calling every day is similar to asking the driver "are we there yet?" every 10 minutes except that the driver has to stop driving in order to answer your question.

I realize that most people only care about their claim, but SSA has to care about everyone's claims.

Increase staffing. That would help. Calling every day slows down the agency from completing the work. That is the reality.

iMA_bUM 08-20-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janke (Post 686561)
a few facts about the teleservice center and the people who staff the 800#. When the phone calls exceed the capacity of the staff, ssa pulls in benefit authorizors from the payment centers to answer the incoming calls. So, the benefits authorizers are taken away from their usual job of processing your claim to payment and so that work is pushed further into the future. The tsc cannot make the payment center work any faster than they already do. All they can tell you is an estimate of the backlog time.

Calling every day is similar to asking the driver "are we there yet?" every 10 minutes except that the driver has to stop driving in order to answer your question.

I realize that most people only care about their claim, but ssa has to care about everyone's claims.
Increase staffing. That would help. Calling every day slows down the agency from completing the work. That is the reality.

couldn't have said it better myself, i would have said it a lot meaner because it irritates me greatly but...this is much better