NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   I am Not Buying A Spread in MY Foot (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/9518-am-buying-spread-foot.html)

buckwheat 12-22-2006 11:01 AM

I am Not Buying A Spread in MY Foot

Hi Everyone,
I hope these lines find you in good shape. At least with your pain levels down a bit.

At the beginning of this week, I had a friend come over and Shanghi me out of the cabin. I did not want to look like a bum like I usually do. So I were boots, now these beautiful boots are 2 inches at the most.

The following day, I felt like I was in Northern England trying to walk on the beach, their are a lot of pebbles their. Now I feel like a needle is going up my right foot.

Now throught out this whole ordeal I only had RSD in the right shoulder, arm and hand.

After the holidays I am going to demand they get to the root of this problem. I have Docs and medical professionals in my family which in a way makes it worse.

If I have to check myself into a alternative medical clinic I will. Believe me alot of my family members will be in shock over this one.

This whole RSD stuff is like 2+2 =5. I am beginning to think this is some kind of Peripheral Neuropathy at least in my case.

Hugs, Roz

Debby 12-22-2006 03:08 PM

My PM Doc who is very knowledgeable about RSD, He treats about 50 patients who have it. He told me that neuropathy can go hand in hand with RSD alot of times & he says I definitely have both going on now. Mostly because of the way I describe some of the strange sensations I now have in my feet at times. They treat neuropathy with some of the same drugs that they treat RSD for. Such as Neurontin (gabepentin, which I take 1200 mg 3 X's a day), Topamax (which I can't take), Lactimil (another I can't take)(I have tried both of the ones I can't take), and I am thinking Lyrica (I take 50mg 3 X's a day also, larger doses sedate me, I gaine weight of which I am now slowly dropping).

DebbyV

buckwheat 12-22-2006 03:25 PM

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for your wisdom and sharing your experiences. When I first got DX with RSD I believe they put me on to high of a dose of Neurorotten. I think I will give that ago again.

Do you remember what they started you out on?

The topamax did not work well with me, I would go into a room and seriously forget what I was going in their for. This was at a low dose.

If worst comes to worst I will have to try the Ketamine. But I really would prefer not to like to have that kind of trip;)

The alternative med. clinic certainly could't hurt at this point.

I have also got to have other things ruled out as well.

Thanks so much for your help. I hope your holiday is full of love and joy. Roz