NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Stopping in to say Hi! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/95606-stopping-hi.html)

PoohandPigletsMom 07-29-2009 01:33 PM

Stopping in to say Hi!

Hi Guys!

Just stopping in to say hello. I usually stop in once in a while at Braintalk (which is down till who-knows-when) and WebMD (havent been there in a long while...:rolleyes:) and I have been here before, but I had lost my bookmark... Cherie reminded me yesterday... I think a few of the old Braintalk people are still here (?).:confused:

I hope everyone is doing ok and feeling happy:winky: I'm hangin' in. I can't say that I'm enjoying the summer AT ALL. The infernal heat and humidity is really kicking my butt and if I so much as open my door to check my mailbox, I can pretty much count on going right to bed or to a cool bath. So, shopping, doc appts, and everyday errands are a pain for me right now. I wonder if I'm the only one:eek: I had surgery on 7/9 on my knee (nothing MS-related, just an old injury that needed fixing, finally). I think I picked a bad time of year, though. I have to go to PT 2X a week and although I go very early in the AM, I still get "heat zapped"

I'm not sure I'm ready to make a neuro appt, but I feel like I'm having more yucky days than good. I hope it's just the exhaustion from the heat, the surgery recovery, etc.

I'm not taking anything for the MS other than natural supplements and following the Swank plan as best I am able. Exercising and (trying) staying cool. Definitely counting down the minutes til this heat is gone gone gone!:D

I spend lots of time on Facebook... When my kids let me get away.. :p

Well, until I get by again... Lots of ((Healing Hugs)) to all! :grouphug:

Maria

OhKay 07-29-2009 02:21 PM

Hi Maria! It's good to see another BT member here. My handle over there is newlyb12def.
Sorry to hear you're feeling so yucky! I know I have few good days when it's hot and humid.
-Kay

Lady 07-29-2009 05:40 PM

Hi Maria,
Welcome!

I had knee surgery in the Summer of 2000. I fell in the basement over some gym equipment. Landed smack on the knee. I thought I broke my leg.

I had to do the PT thing too in the hot weather, not fun. I have A/C and the place does too, but getting there and back was hard. It was my driving leg too.

I ended up with a removable cast for 3 months. I couldn't put any weight on it.

I see your weather forecast on TV. It is hot where you are. Just take it easy and give yourself some time to heal. I had a relapse after mine so don't overdo things. I hope you feel better soon. Take care. :hug:

SallyC 07-29-2009 06:11 PM

Hi Marie and Kay....Welcome to NeuroTalk.:)

VIRGINIA 07-29-2009 06:51 PM

Hi Maria,

I just wanted to say that I am sorry you had to have knee surgery and especially this time of the year.

I can relate to what you are saying. I live in your part of the world, so it gets a little hot and humid here. Hope you heal real fast.

Virginia