NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Coping with Grief & Loss (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   I can't stop thinking about her.. (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/95641-cant-stop-thinking.html)

CoolAngel26 07-29-2009 09:20 PM

I can't stop thinking about her..

My grandmother passed away a little over two weeks ago.

She was the world to me..I even still have two of her favorite breakfast foods in my freezer for comfort,even though we never lived together.;)

I thought I had recovered from losing her by now. I just bury myself in work to avoid thinking about her.

It's hard for me to accept the fact that she's really gone...:(

Sorry,just needed to get this out...:( Kristin

watsonsh 07-29-2009 09:35 PM

Cool,

If ist not too painful could you tell us some stories about her? Would love to know about her and maybe it will help to talk about it and remember what an awesome Grandma she was. :hug:

Jomar 07-29-2009 09:41 PM

It takes awhile..
the closer and more involved you were in someones life the longer it will take.

When my grandpa died it was about the same time the The Judds had a hit with their Grampa song.
every time I heard it I would cry..

Judds - Grandpa Lyrics @ LyricsTime.com

Kitty 07-30-2009 12:49 AM

Two weeks is very recent. Give yourself some time. :hug:

I found it hardest when everyone around me was "getting back" to their lives and routines and I was still pretty much in the depths of my grief. Made me feel like I wasn't moving along as well as I should have been. But, that wasn't the case. Everyone grieves differently.

Have you considered some type of grief counseling or group therapy? Sometimes just knowing that others share your feelings helps tremendously. Plus, it provides someone to talk with face to face about it.

I'm so sorry you lost your Grandmother. :hug: It's hard to lose someone you love. It sounds like you loved her very much. Shelley gave an excellent suggestion to write about her. I've done it and it helped me. Plus, we'd love to hear some stories about her if you'd like to share them.

natkc57 08-02-2009 04:15 PM

loss of a loved one

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolAngel26 (Post 544611)
My grandmother passed away a little over two weeks ago.

She was the world to me..I even still have two of her favorite breakfast foods in my freezer for comfort,even though we never lived together.;)

I thought I had recovered from losing her by now. I just bury myself in work to avoid thinking about her.

It's hard for me to accept the fact that she's really gone...:(

Sorry,just needed to get this out...:( Kristin

Cool, I know it's hard to loss someome in your life. I left mine this year of 2009. Always remember the great times and remember their memory every day. If you need a silence time go to your church and you'll find solence for your soul and also read the bible it helps too.