NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Update on my cat (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/96331-update-cat.html)

Quahog 08-04-2009 03:17 AM

Update on my cat

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give everyone an update and let you know that our cat Tabby passed this morning
:Sob:

We were in the middle of chemotherapy but unfortunately, despite what we were able to do wasn't very
helpful as it appears the cancer was just too advanced.

He wasn't his usual self for the last few days but he was still eating, drinking.
Today, however he only ate a small about hid a lot.

About 2:30AM I noticed him in one of his favorite spots and he was seizing. He
was unresponsive and having a hard time breathing.

So myself and my wife bundled him up and took him to the emergency vet but he
passed before we could get there.

We are so beside ourselves with grief right now he was a wonderful friend and
I'm going to miss him something awful.

We are planning on burying him at sunrise in the town in which my wife is from.

We are also wondering what we can do for our other cat. He is Tabby's brother
and they have been together since birth.

knittenkitten 08-04-2009 06:42 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We lost a tabby in December and I still miss her every day. She is buried outside our back deck under the trees. I get great comfort walking by her grave every day and saying good morning to her.

We also had a surviving sister. We just let her sniff our dead tabby so she knew she was gone. It took her awhile to get used to being alone but now whe is fine. It takes awhile for everyone but things do get better.

Kitty 08-04-2009 09:39 AM

I'm so sorry. :(

I hope you can find some comfort in the fact that you gave him a wonderful life and did everything in your power to help him fight this disease. :hug:

Quahog 08-05-2009 11:56 AM

Thank you all for your kind words.

We buried Tabby yesterday morning where he and my wife grew up a little town in Northwestern Maine. It is a very nice town and I would like to live there myself.

Before we did bury Tabby that morning we allowed his brother to sniff him and he seemed to do ok with it. He knew his brother was gone.

He has been a bit anxious and when I return from home a bit clingy. I suspect that he is lonely. He always had a bit of separation anxiety, Meaning he would cry if he couldn't be near anyone.

Needless to say my pain levels are elevated and I haven't been able to have a good night's sleep. This has been very hard on all of us.

Kitty 08-05-2009 12:04 PM

:hug: It'll take some time. He was part of your family. It's perfectly understandable to be upset. Just listen to your heart and be kind to yourself. Take it one day at a time. We're here to listen - if you think it would help to tell us about Tabby we'd love to hear some stories. If it's too soon we understand, too. Eventually, talking about him will help. But only you'll know when that time comes. :hug:

msarkie 08-05-2009 04:09 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Their lives are just too short, and too precious.

Doody 08-05-2009 05:56 PM

Oh ((Quahog)) I am so very sorry. I hoped that he would do better with the treatment, bless his little heart.

It is so very painful and again, I'm so very sorry.

redtail 08-11-2009 11:00 PM

So sorry to hear about Tabby.
Its always so hard to lose part of the family.
I guess his brother will need lots of extra hugs and snuggles, animals do grieve and miss their mates, I've seen this often.
take care
Kate

pokie too 08-11-2009 11:17 PM

I,m so sorry to learn about your loss. the fourth of July a very small kitten was dropped off with me by my granddaughter who said, "You can save it grandma." It didn't even know how to eat or clean it's face. A week ago he got very sick one morning and I prayed out loud,"Please don't take my kitten away too" and two days later he wasgreat and right now he is trying to eat my laptop. You must keep something around that can love you unconditionally and you also in return hang in there and try again love pokie:hug: