NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   Metanx (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/96889-metanx.html)

stagger 08-08-2009 11:02 AM

Metanx

Hello,
Has anybody tried Metanx, its for DPN.
Lanny

Koala77 08-08-2009 05:32 PM

Sorry Stagger, but could you tell me please what DPN stands for??

I must admit I've not heard of this medication before, so I looked it up and see that it's a vitamin combination used as a dietary supplement.

Is there anything specific you'd like to know?

stagger 08-08-2009 11:17 PM

Hello Koala77,
DPN Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy, I believe its fairly new and was interested in the type of results from its usage.
Lanny

Greg 09-08-2009 08:52 AM

I've been using Metanx for nearly a year. My PN is idiopathic (at this point) but I have reason to believe glucose intolerance (not pre-diabetic, but close enough) is at least somewhat at fault.

I haven't had any pain relief from the Metanx, but it did seem to ramp up my circulation, which has always been poor to my extremities. For me the idea is that the B12 and folate at high levels will help create an environment that could be conducive to nerve regeneration. I haven't had any strange side effects so I plan to continue taking it for the foreseeable future.

pabb 09-10-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagger (Post 549172)
Hello,
Has anybody tried Metanx, its for DPN.
Lanny

if you are paying out of pocket, you can get the vit separatey and prob cheaper ....also please consider thiamine, specifically the benfotiamine form.

fibroqueen 10-16-2010 02:27 PM

Miracle Metanx

Hi, I was put on Metanx, because I was experiencing neuropathy in my feet and hands, within four months:
1. My fingers had regained their puffiness; I no longer appeared to have the beginnings of Reynauds.
2. My feet were much improved, and I could feel both hot, cold, as well as irregular surfaces with fingers and toes.
3. My fibromyalgia pain was much improved.
4. Miracles -- I was born with a severe lazy eye, which was undiscovered until I was 7, which in the early 1960s -- was believed an age too old to operate to fix the "weak muscle" behind the eye. I was legally blind, only able to distinguish light and darknesses, with my right eye. Unlike most lazy eye children, I didn't exhibit "cross eyes," only a mild droopy eye lid that revealed itself when I was tired. Within the four months of beginning Metanx, I began to have mild headaches, eye strain, and I felt as if my good eye was exhausted. I went to my opthamalogist, who informed me that my eyesight in my blind eye had returned; within one year, I was seeing with that eye, even reading at the age of 53. I've been blind since birth; and, now I can see; sure, I have a stigmatism, and my left eye is now myopic, as I'm past forty, but my right eye is far-sighted as my other eye was from birth, and my corrective lenses are roughly equal, in terms of one is +75 and one is -75. This is a far cry from being 25/280, which is what I was measured as from age seven until 40, when I went to 77/280. The opthamalogist suggested that perhaps lazy eye is far more neurological than muscular, and perhaps, ,many people with autoimmune disorders do not process Vitamin B 12. This is the first pill form that allows people to take the drug in an optimal fashion, without the side-effects of weight gain, etc. associated with the injections.

I owe everything to this drug, for I feared having cataract surgery later in life, and perhaps running the risk of losing my sight.

HURRAh for METANX. MIRACLE DRUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRY it , it is worth it!!!!!

It reverses memory loses in the elderly; I've gotten my parents' prescriptions for it, and they are in their late 80s, and they are much improved. And, all around miracle drug.

zkrp01 09-15-2014 01:28 PM

Metanx use

I quit the stuff because it costs 125$ per bottle and it is a dietary supplement, I founs the ingredients and replicated them for about 30$. Now my Dr. says that Fultanx will cost less and I can taake less pills at bedtime. All are for Mitochondrial health and progress will be slooooooooowwwww. Good Luck Ken in Texas