NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   MRI tomorrow (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/97622-mri-tomorrow.html)

doydie 08-12-2009 10:42 PM

MRI tomorrow

I have had this pain in my 'hip' area for several years. I get upset with it about once a year and go to the doctor. So tomorrow I am going to have an MRI of the lower back to see if there is anything developing there. When I had my MS dx way back in '97 I did know at that time I had a bulging disc in the lumbar spine. Maybe there actually may be a cause for my continually numb foot!

I then see a foot doctor on Tuesday. It's amazing how soon you can get in to see these doctors when your PCP office calls them!

Twinkletoes 08-13-2009 12:36 AM

Good luck, Doydie. Hope you get some answers and an easy fix! :)

Dejibo 08-13-2009 07:56 AM

Good luck! I hate shooting the tube. I get good drugs to do it. I hope you do better than I.

doydie 08-13-2009 10:11 PM

I was totally disgusted with myself. I was told my appt was 1:30. So I arrive at 1"15 like a good little girl. Well what it was was that the appt was at 2 and I should get there at 1:30. That's not what my MD office told me. BUT.....they were running about 45 minutes behind!:eek: So they called an ortho office across the street that had an MRI and they had an immediate opening. So I have never had an MRI where they want to make you so comfortable that they have this big padding support for your shoulders. I always just lay my head on the 'bed' that goes in the tube. Unless of course it's of my head and then I'm in that contraption. So with my weight, I am all scrunched up with my shoulders and I couldn't do my nice relaxed breathing. Also they didn't have any blankets. I'm glad I knew to bring my sleep pants. And the CD player was broke! So I came out of there sore, tense and upset at myself for feeling that way.

Looking forward to a report tomorrow.

Koala77 08-14-2009 03:55 AM

Oh dear Doydie! Could you use a hug? :hug:

braingonebad 08-14-2009 07:31 AM

It's too bad the tests are almost as awful as the sx.

:(

Well, I hope at least you get some answers for your troubles. Hip pain was one of my early things too. I had an x ray and the hip was normal, lumbar MRI was all good too. Pain doc said it was the SM.

Dejibo 08-14-2009 08:53 AM

Im sorry it wasnt less stressful for you.

I think the MRI machine is one of my most stressful events. I am spastic so its hard to lay still. I am claustrophobic so its hard to be trapped, and I am not good at laying in one spot. I need drugs to do those things. Glad its all over for you.

SallyC 08-14-2009 12:30 PM

(((((((Doydie)))))))) I hope the report is a good one.

Lady 08-14-2009 05:37 PM

Doydie, I hope the MRI news, is all good news.:hug: