NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I am going back to work today. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/9766-am.html)

Mrs. Bear 12-27-2006 08:37 AM

I am going back to work today.

And I am scared. I drove the rental car home last night. But I was following my husband.

WHY am I so scared??

So stupid. It's just a car and I really am a good driver (Rainman reference).

It's supposed to snow today so now I am nervous. bleeeehh

I didn't think this was going to bother me........

Mari 12-27-2006 03:37 PM

Dear Bear,
Being scared is natural.

Maybe the snow will bring good luck.
Mari

befuddled2 12-27-2006 04:31 PM

{{{{Bear}}}}

I can imagine. I would be scared too. Take some deep breaths.

befuddled2

DiMarie 12-27-2006 11:47 PM

Deep breaths

I can bet it is scary. Try taking some deep tummy breaths the kind the low abdomin raise up and down not the chest. The chest breathing is stress, taking the low breaths reduces stress, and can relax. About ten minutes or even a few in the car before you drive.

You have every right to be anxious, everything is going to be fine. If you have to stop and call someone that is Ok. take your time.
We are all with ya in the back seat remember,
Di

Mari 12-27-2006 11:57 PM

Hi, Bear,
How are you feeling?
I hope that your day back went well.

Good luck with Con's appointment tomorrow.
Mari

Mrs. Bear 12-28-2006 09:51 AM

Heh. Driving wasn't so bad. Nobody could get it through their head that I was NOT going to answer my cell whilst behind the wheel, so I had many frantic messages. sigh. I am well loved and very well protected. LOL

The mistake I made was going back to work so soon. By the time noon rolled around, I was in tears. I am not going in today. I need everything I've got to get my little baby to the surgeon's for testing. He is much more important.

I might try again tomorrow.

Stupid muscles. I have Fibro. I know what muscle pain is. I know what a horrific flare is like.

THIS is like the worst flare I have ever had and the more I am up, the worse it gets. Fibro-the more I move, the more managable it gets. Way different.

I am alive. I made it through the crash. Now my body has to heal. I am not good at waiting to get well. I am even worse at staying down and not running, running, running.

I have a friend back East that told me I need to be more careful. He said that when one runs at full tilt like I do that something will eventually come about to force me to slow down. (He thinks it was a message from a higher power to relax and let others figure out how they can help themselves or help me. Some reason that scares me. CONTROL FREAK! LOL)

This morning is better. The pain is normal pain and I promise to be a better girl today and take it easy. Promise.

I love you guys. Thank you for holding my hand through this. :D