NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Anyone else have these symptoms? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/99746-else-symptoms.html)

sunnydee 08-22-2009 07:24 PM

Anyone else have these symptoms?

Hi there:

Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Feet are freezing cold. I have to wear thick socks at night.
Tremors or chills. I feel like I have to be wrapped up in a blanket.
Constant insomnia. Can't sleep with sheets on my legs.
Migraines
jaw pain.

Marty SLC 08-23-2009 01:15 PM

Many do but I myself I'm opposite. My feet are on fire and I can't have anything touch them most of the time. Sometimes they do feel cold but probably not freezing like your talking about.

Trishann 08-23-2009 03:19 PM

Hi Sunnydee,

I do wear thick socks also and at times wrap a blanket around my feet, ankles and legs. Especially when I am watching TV at night or just sitting which makes it worse, the cold feeling. But then yet when walking a lot I get like sting and burn feelings in my feet. Don't make sense to me. :confused:

I do also get insomnia but I don't know if it is due to dealing with pain issue a lot.

As for as migraines and jaw pain I don't have no problems. Sorry you are dealing with this more issue too.

Trish :grouphug:

aussiemom 08-23-2009 06:32 PM

Hi

Have you had your jaws checked for TMJ? Could be that, and the pain from the jaws is often mistaken for migranes. I had to have the open surgery on my jaws, and no more headaches!

mrsD 08-24-2009 07:33 AM

Cold does not bother me much either. When I have problems it is BURNING!

I find socks counterproductive when my feet are cold-- socks do not warm me...they make the cold continue. I soak my feet in tepid water with epsom salts, and this improves the circulation and the cold discomfort goes away.

I think really cold feet can be either a sign of RSD problems, or a blood circulation issue.

Really cold hands and feet can be due to Raynaud's syndrome. And there are many causes of that....a huge long list. One is hypothyroidism.

sunnydee 08-24-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiemom (Post 557265)
Hi

Have you had your jaws checked for TMJ? Could be that, and the pain from the jaws is often mistaken for migranes. I had to have the open surgery on my jaws, and no more headaches!

Thank you for responding. The jaw pain is very recent ... as in for the past week every day my jaw hurts accompanied by migraines. I've had migraines for years, but the jaw pain is new. Just another medical issue to add to my growing list :) I feel like my body is being attacked from all angles. I have had so many strange symptoms come and go and some are constant. All I know is that I want to feel better:D

BonDon 08-24-2009 03:30 PM

Hi Sunnydee,

Like you I have problems feeling cold. Most days I use a lap spread when the air conditioner is on. Being chilled makes the pain feel worse. Also, at night have to leave feet out of the covers. Sometimes it feels like bees are stinging my feet.

Have you thought about having your Thyroid checked? This can cause problems.

Take Care.
BonDon

nide44 08-25-2009 08:33 AM

The jaw pain might be related to grinding your teeth at night while sleeping,
or clamping down on your teeth unconsciously, or in your sleep.
My feet are like the others here - burning,
but its probably for the same reason as yours, PN related.

jon 08-25-2009 05:49 PM

Sunny, I've told of my experience with jaw pain on another pn group, but here it is. Short story is that my neuro gave me neurontin for pn pain several years ago. I could have been drinking water for all the good it did. Stopped taking it, had jaw pain months later, took a leftover neurontin because it was there. Not much later in the day, pain was gone. I discussed this with the neuro. We agreed I'd keep it to take for jaw pain. I have over half of the last I bought maybe 3 years ago. There were 30 in the rx. Whatever works!

daniella 08-26-2009 07:18 AM

I have the frozen feet,sometimes sheets and most texturs I can't tolerate other then what I am used too. For awhile socks cause pain though like I said I have frozen feet when even a little cold. I was getting migranes and do still get head aches. The insomnia is unreal and I am on many sleep meds.My condition though is also RSD which is very common to have these issues. Have you looked over on that board too. I am not sure where your condition is but I have PN and RSD. Sorry if I am way off base. Feel better