Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > > >

SCS & Pain Pumps For spinal cord stimulator (SCS) and pain pump discussions.

SCS pain mgt/ Nevro Senza hf

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #241
ger715
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,990
My Mood: SCS pain mgt/ Nevro Senza hf
Default

Pam,
Niggs (Nigel) posted on 7/27 sonnets 7, 8 & 9. Your interest delights him. For a change of pace; you may want to check them out. Hopefully brings thoughts away for even a short time from the hospital setting and all you are enduring.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (07-30-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:58 PM   #242
ger715
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,990
My Mood: SCS pain mgt/ Nevro Senza hf
Default

Pam,
Have you heard anything about the bone cancer/infection issues?

It appears you were pretty much told you needed to have a L-3-4 fusion or thereabout. Is this something you think you would be up to? I think you had mentioned in the past having had a fusion in either the cervical or lumbar area.

I had L4-5, along with a laminectomy some years back but still needed a series of Epidurals a year or two later in that area, which didn't help. Also had a failed SCS trial.

Since my mamo over a year ago revealed a growth on the back wall which appears not to look cancerous; but will have to have continued mamos/ultrasound regarding the growth every 4 -6 months. Have my third testing middle of this month.

As you mentioned; it does get overwhelming. But as you are a "fighter" as well; you will not give in or give up.

Sending prayers your way "my dear friend" to cope with all you are dealing with.


Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-03-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 07:47 AM   #243
PamelaJune
Member
 
PamelaJune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Where my heart is
Posts: 885
Default

Just got the scan results from my neuro earlier tonight. Good news - No to osteomyelitis and No to bone cancer. But I have got to keep an eye on the right breast tissue, you can see / feel it is denser than previously and the right nipple has started to invert ever so slightly. So much so I had to ask DB last year, has my nippple always looked like this - No! I've never had it before that I could recall and when they did the testing it was very sore to touch with the ultrasound. So I have to have 12 monthly checkups & if it turns in anymore or it looks to be turning a different colour, or I get a discharge of any kind, I have to go straight away to GP for referral. That's good news I think...

It does however seem I might have some sort of blood poisoning from the half titanium pedicle left behind in 1996 from the surgery in 1994. It may explain why my markers were so high (like really high) and why I keep throwing high white cell counts on and off for over the past 20 years. Now of course that has to be checked & needs to be done before Narula can proceed.

In the meantime L4/3/2 has disintegrated / deteriorated - which explains why I'm loosing height and the vertebrae needs to be removed preferably via an anterior procedure but because of many difficult stomach surgeries I've had and the difficulties they presented it is a real predicament for us all and so, and I absolutely must have a general surgeon present as well when they operate.

The not so good news ... If the titanium pedicle is in fact poisonous and a problem Narula will not do any procedure at all, so I simply must get that resolved first. If it's not a problem which I'm hoping for, they will leave it there inside L4 where it's been for the last 23 years and I can carry on. Truly it's not really caused any issues, the odd pain / awareness occasionally but in the main no real cause of any issue has been able to attributed directly to the "oh it's the 1/2 pedicle left behind" I do wonder if it has caused me pain on occasion, but the reality is it is more likely pain from where they took the bone from the laminectomies in 1978 & again in 1994. Laminectomy pain can last for 30 plus years I'm told....

I go home tomorow, I'm being discharged with yet more drugs of meds to be sure I will survive the next 3 weeks and not require hospitalisation or assistance for next 3 weeks so we can celebrate our anniversary. I will know more when I speak with neurosurgeon next week with my husband. The Neurosurgeon insists DB be there with me when we meet on account of the severity of the situation. To do nothing is not an answer either. My spine is crumbling at a rapid rate and my spinal cord will become compromised before long. Night xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam,
Have you heard anything about the bone cancer/infection issues?

It appears you were pretty much told you needed to have a L-3-4 fusion or thereabout. Is this something you think you would be up to? I think you had mentioned in the past having had a fusion in either the cervical or lumbar area.

I had L4-5, along with a laminectomy some years back but still needed a series of Epidurals a year or two later in that area, which didn't help. Also had a failed SCS trial.

Since my mamo over a year ago revealed a growth on the back wall which appears not to look cancerous; but will have to have continued mamos/ultrasound regarding the growth every 4 -6 months. Have my third testing middle of this month.

As you mentioned; it does get overwhelming. But as you are a "fighter" as well; you will not give in or give up.

Sending prayers your way "my dear friend" to cope with all you are dealing with.


Gerry
__________________
I can still remember what life was like before pain became my life long companion

Last edited by PamelaJune; 08-02-2017 at 10:35 AM.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-03-2017), ger715 (08-04-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #244
eva5667faliure
Grand Magnate
 
eva5667faliure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: new jersey
Posts: 3,233
My Mood: SCS pain mgt/ Nevro Senza hf
Default Jeez

Your silent time may it be a most remarkable moment
It be a faith based moment
A moment of clarity if you will
You ability to mutuel when you need it most
You are an amazing being
How lucky he is
Your sincerity is so transparent
Your time of experiencing a touch from Heavenly Father
As you well know it comes in all manifestations
Your a inspiritatio who is real and is able to radiate that to another
Happiness be in you heart
To fell the joy you so deserve
To have the identical impression 1/2014
And because breast cancer loves bone it the most likely place to go
Hence when left alone in ones head
And to hear the possibility of the following
"Enhance the of lower lumbar better able bodies
Differential diagnosis includes osteomyelitis, metastatic disease"
All I wanted to know was why was it hurting as badly and progressing so quickly that all it where a cyst also active on my lower spine
And to be just sent to a doctor I went to three days ago only to tell me your at the wrong doctor
You need to see a vascular dr
I'm like are you kidding
To have to have money for a co-pay
Then for parking
All the wnergy to get to the doctor just said coming home
I'm not rushing
To say I don't know what you are thrown and to continue to put
One foot in front of the other
Is just who you are
As I so get it
You are gifted
And you have the answers
As you show over and over
For what may work for one will not work for another
And you can see that
Blessings to you and you faith that give you the strength
You go
Love
Me
__________________
someone who cares
eva
eva5667faliure is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-04-2017), PamelaJune (08-07-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 03:55 AM   #245
PamelaJune
Member
 
PamelaJune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Where my heart is
Posts: 885
Default

Eva, I don't know what to say to this, I'm lost for words and struggling to respond. What I want to say to you and Instead I'm lost and what comes out at the moment is gibberish. Fortunately you know I've been ill and are more patient than sim either, I have to go through and check every word I type. I can't believe they had you attend a doctor only for you to then be told sorry your in the wrong Place. Unbelievable!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva5667faliure View Post
Your silent time may it be a most remarkable moment
It be a faith based moment
A moment of clarity if you will
You ability to mutuel when you need it most
You are an amazing being
How lucky he is
Your sincerity is so transparent
Your time of experiencing a touch from Heavenly Father
As you well know it comes in all manifestations
Your a inspiritatio who is real and is able to radiate that to another
Happiness be in you heart
To fell the joy you so deserve
To have the identical impression 1/2014
And because breast cancer loves bone it the most likely place to go
Hence when left alone in ones head
And to hear the possibility of the following
"Enhance the of lower lumbar better able bodies
Differential diagnosis includes osteomyelitis, metastatic disease"
All I wanted to know was why was it hurting as badly and progressing so quickly that all it where a cyst also active on my lower spine
And to be just sent to a doctor I went to three days ago only to tell me your at the wrong doctor
You need to see a vascular dr
I'm like are you kidding
To have to have money for a co-pay
Then for parking
All the wnergy to get to the doctor just said coming home
I'm not rushing
To say I don't know what you are thrown and to continue to put
One foot in front of the other
Is just who you are
As I so get it
You are gifted
And you have the answers
As you show over and over
For what may work for one will not work for another
And you can see that
Blessings to you and you faith that give you the strength
You go
Love
Me
__________________
I can still remember what life was like before pain became my life long companion
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-08-2017), ger715 (08-04-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #246
PamelaJune
Member
 
PamelaJune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Where my heart is
Posts: 885
Default

Surgeon consult Wednesday 16th at noon They have insisted my husband be present. Could they make it sound any scarier!!
__________________
I can still remember what life was like before pain became my life long companion
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 10:59 PM   #247
ger715
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,990
My Mood: SCS pain mgt/ Nevro Senza hf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Surgeon consult Wednesday 16th at noon They have insisted my husband be present. Could they make it sound any scarier!!

Pam,
Awaiting your report on the Aug. 16th consultation.

Pray it is not as scary as you may fear.


Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (08-10-2017)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nevro senza PerthMum SCS & Pain Pumps 31 01-04-2016 07:16 PM
Nevro Senza SCS implant PamelaJune Spinal Disorders & Back Pain 0 12-28-2013 12:46 AM
Dr. Roach: Non-cancer pain best treated by pain-management specialist (Yahoo) NewsBot Health News Headlines 0 02-20-2013 10:10 PM
SCS medical trial (Nevro) is scheduled markjens SCS & Pain Pumps 3 11-12-2012 12:30 AM
Pain Numeric Rating Scale May Be Only Moderately Accurate for Pain Screening CME/CE GJZH Spinal Disorders & Back Pain 0 10-02-2007 08:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych CentralMental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.


Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.31 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

All posts copyright their original authors • Community GuidelinesTerms of UsePrivacy Policy