Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 05-29-2007, 07:02 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused hot spots ? ?

i don't remember if i saw a post on this or not, but i'm gonna ask anyway...

do any of you have hot spots on your body? i have been experiencing burning sensations (like having someone smash a lit cigarette on my skin) on my arms and legs. i've mostly noticed it right above my left wrist, on my upper thighs and now my stomach feels like it's got burning spots too. is this normal?

i haven't been taking my medicine as prescribed - i keep backing off of them when i start to feel better. is this a result of that?

- e. e. cummings
unrouley1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-29-2007, 10:51 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just started experiencing this new joy too I was at my daughters eating dinner a few weeks ago and all of a sudden it felt like someone put a hot poker in my arm. It lasted for about 12 hours and then gone as fast as it came...I hadn't changed my meds at all, I do have it on my list of questions for the PM doctor next week though
Jeanne
NikonKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Is it like your hot and cold at the same time? If so, I think its the meds.
rashelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi

I have had random burning patches that rove at will and started off the size of a very sharp deep needle up to a roving patch of burning the size of my hand.. it is a lanciating burn/bite that dosn't last long for me and shows up somewhere else at will... not mine.

what kind of meds are you backing off of ?
I can think of a few that can cause a similar effect as well.
Take care
Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:49 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I get them too. Mine are silver dollar sized, come on all of a sudden. I wake up from them, thinking I have fallen asleep with a lit cig in my hand and burned myself. They rarely last more than a couple of hours, but they can be pretty intense while they're happening. I have changed nothing about my meds schedule, so that's not it.

I've had this happen several times over the past 14 years... I get these hot spots for several months, then they go away. In my case, at least, when they disappear I end up with some new major pain in my body. It's as if a new nerve group has decided to go haywire, and the spots are a pre-cursor. I sure hope it doesn't work that way for the rest of you! As we all know, every rsd/crps is different, no two are alike. Besides, I have aids also... I could have different results than the rest of you. For all I know, it's the aids causing the hot spots, and new rsd symptoms come second.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:41 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ok. let me explain a little. the spots don't ever change temperature. they don't start hot and then get cold. it just feels like a really bad burn. the size is like a quarter (or silver dollar like rogue said). it just burns for a short time and then goes away - maybe like an hour or so. BUT. the pain always comes back in the same spots. i'm sure it's a nerve thing, but i don't know why.

meds are: methadone, gabapentin & amitriptyline.

- e. e. cummings
unrouley1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:26 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I get warm spots on my legs but right below them I am icecold. I dunno what it is from but I know if I notice it I am in severe pain afterwards.

You are all in my prayers, Thank each and everyone of you for all that you do!

Old 06-06-2007, 05:25 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrouley1 View Post
i don't remember if i saw a post on this or not, but i'm gonna ask anyway...

do any of you have hot spots on your body? i have been experiencing burning sensations (like having someone smash a lit cigarette on my skin) on my arms and legs. i've mostly noticed it right above my left wrist, on my upper thighs and now my stomach feels like it's got burning spots too. is this normal?

i haven't been taking my medicine as prescribed - i keep backing off of them when i start to feel better. is this a result of that?
hey, sorry to hear about your hot spots, they don't sound like much fun. i was wondering if you got my pm and hope i didn't say anything to offend? just seemed like we had a lot in common and lived so close to one another, thought maybe i was offering support? anyway, i wish you nothing but the best and hope you find some relief somewhere, somehow. wish i could offer some decent advice but feel as though i don't have much to offer of anything these days! hope to hear from you, jenny
jennyk38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote