Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2020, 03:07 AM #1
JTL71 JTL71 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
1 yr Member
JTL71 JTL71 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
1 yr Member
Question Approved By ALJ Attorney Fee Question

Hello

I have been approved for my disability but in the notes the ALJ says he doesn’t agree with attorney fees, what does this mean exactly if anyone know.......Thank You!!
JTL71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:32 AM #2
davOD davOD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: AZ.
Posts: 278
3 yr Member
davOD davOD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: AZ.
Posts: 278
My Mood: Approved By ALJ Attorney Fee Question
3 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL71 View Post
Hello

I have been approved for my disability but in the notes the ALJ says he doesn’t agree with attorney fees, what does this mean exactly if anyone know.......Thank You!!
You have a signed contract with an attorney....So in black and white on that contract you agreed to a % of your back pay....It sounds like the judge is looking out for you and thinks hes fees are to high?....Cant imagine a judge worrying that the attorney wasnt charging enough....More like his fees are higher than the norm.

Thats a lot of guessing on my part....Find what you signed and see what it says.
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 12:14 PM #3
JTL71 JTL71 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
1 yr Member
JTL71 JTL71 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
1 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davOD View Post
You have a signed contract with an attorney....So in black and white on that contract you agreed to a % of your back pay....It sounds like the judge is looking out for you and thinks hes fees are to high?....Cant imagine a judge worrying that the attorney wasnt charging enough....More like his fees are higher than the norm.

Thats a lot of guessing on my part....Find what you signed and see what it says.

Does that mean the judge is not excepting to give the fees or all of the fees? Thanks Much
JTL71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:21 PM #4
davOD davOD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: AZ.
Posts: 278
3 yr Member
davOD davOD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: AZ.
Posts: 278
My Mood: Approved By ALJ Attorney Fee Question
3 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL71 View Post
Hello

I have been approved for my disability but in the notes the ALJ says he doesn’t agree with attorney fees, what does this mean exactly if anyone know.......Thank You!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL71 View Post
Does that mean the judge is not excepting to give the fees or all of the fees? Thanks Much
Its only guessing.....

I used the google for this.
---------------------------------------------------

25%
How Much Is the Attorney's Fee? When you sign a fee agreement with a Social Security disability lawyer, the fee is limited to 25% of the past-due benefits you are awarded, up to a maximum of $6,000.
Social Security Disability. Secrets & Legal Information. | DisabilitySecrets › question16
----------------------------------------------------------------
If he is charging higher that the 25% or killing you with extras exceeding $6k that might be it?....No way for us to know...Like I said cant imagine that a judge would worry about an attorney being underpaid!

How Much Will a Social Security Disability Lawyer or Advocate
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:05 PM #5
JTL71 JTL71 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
1 yr Member
JTL71 JTL71 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
1 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davOD View Post
Its only guessing.....

I used the google for this.
---------------------------------------------------

25%
How Much Is the Attorney's Fee? When you sign a fee agreement with a Social Security disability lawyer, the fee is limited to 25% of the past-due benefits you are awarded, up to a maximum of $6,000.
Social Security Disability. Secrets & Legal Information. | DisabilitySecrets › question16
----------------------------------------------------------------
If he is charging higher that the 25% or killing you with extras exceeding $6k that might be it?....No way for us to know...Like I said cant imagine that a judge would worry about an attorney being underpaid!

How Much Will a Social Security Disability Lawyer or Advocate

Ok, Thanks For Advice & I Wasn’t Thinking Of The Judge Worrying About Underpaid, I Was Worrying About Judge Thinking Overpaid LOL
JTL71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:55 AM #6
davOD davOD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: AZ.
Posts: 278
3 yr Member
davOD davOD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: AZ.
Posts: 278
My Mood: Approved By ALJ Attorney Fee Question
3 yr Member
Default

This is what I said in the first place?



Quote:
Originally Posted by davOD View Post
.It sounds like the judge is looking out for you and thinks hes fees are to high?....Cant imagine a judge worrying that the attorney wasnt charging enough....More like his fees are higher than the norm.

Thats a lot of guessing on my part....Find what you signed and see what it says.
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:17 AM #7
JTL71 JTL71 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
1 yr Member
JTL71 JTL71 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
1 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davOD View Post
This is what I said in the first place?

Thanks For Your Time Much Appreciated
JTL71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (02-14-2020)
Reply

Tags
agree, alj, approved, attorney, fees

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about being approved Alice1 Social Security Disability 1 06-10-2014 08:06 PM
Question about attorney fees Rrae Social Security Disability 22 03-09-2014 02:26 PM
TOS Attorney? ecstyle483 Thoracic Outlet Syndrome 4 11-13-2011 06:59 PM
Hi!! Im new and APPROVED!! question though lissabla39 Social Security Disability 6 03-31-2011 05:01 PM
I was approved for ssd first time know attorney fire Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) 12 08-07-2008 06:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.31 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.7.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

NeuroTalk Forums

Helping support those with neurological and related conditions.

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only,
and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider.


Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.