Weight Loss & Healthy Living For weight loss and healthy living discussions.

advertisement

Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 AM #1
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Marvelous Wednesday~

What a wonderful day to be alive! I woke up an hour eariler today and I'm not going anywhere, so it looks like. I can't tell how the roads are, but probably slick. It is so pretty out and everything looks clean. There is no school today. Here they don't get out much, if any in this county. Where I did live they got out all the time, do to hills and curves.

Well hows everyone doing today? I weighed this morning and haven't lost any, I can now get my hand inside the waist of my tightest jeans. I am using the stomach cruncher daily. I hope it is changing me slowly. I don't want to over do it with my back feeling so good right now. I don't have an ache or a pain. My heart goes out to you that do. I think I mst be completely healed. Praise The Lord!

I see on the calendar that it is one week till Valentines Day. One year Bob bought me a new car on that day, in 03. What a present to get.

Hope this is a good day for you all. Go out and make it a day.
_____
BC
Fancylady_2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-07-2007, 08:13 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Today I go and get trigger point shots in my back that are greatly needed. I have had backspasms going on three weeks now and silly enough are just starting to go away. Always the way.
Well I have enough time to start drinking my coffee, brush my teeth and give the car a good warm up and then I am off.
Have a great day everyone!

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:45 AM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Arrow Talk about luck~

Marvious Wed.***Well my furnace was making such a noise, that I shut it off. The temp. right now is 2 above zero. I called the repairman and just missed him. Wife said he would come before the day is over. She told me to turn the oven on.??? I do have a wall heater in the family room but that is all. Any sugestions. I already call my pastor and had to leave a message, so here I sit. I need a group hug to keep me warm.
_____
BC
Old 02-07-2007, 10:11 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Billie crawl in the bed and pile on covers. I am sure you are freezing. My poor friend...wish I could send some warm air!

{{{{{{{{{Big Hugs Wendy}}}}}}}} Sure hope the shot helps your pain.

Hello to everyone else today and God bless, gaye
froglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:05 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good morning all, Gee Billie I read your first post and it put a smile on my face. You "sounded" so alive and happy, then i read where your furnace quit working and that has to be very cold for you with the temps you are having. I would agree to turn your oven on and open the door so at least one room may get a little warm. My mom used to do that when we were little, she even put our socks in the oven to get them warm before she put them on us while we were still in bed. My mom was the greatest and I still miss her so much although she has not put warm socks on me in over 30 years

Well still no weight loss but my energy levels are way up. I am now taking lots of B12 along with many other supplements and it is making a difference. I do sometimes do too much and get to hurting but it seems like I recover faster. I hope to see some weight come off soon though.

I am meeting my sister for lunch today. We are going to Sweet Tomatoes salad bar. I will fill up on fresh fruit and veggies and use a low cal dressing to keep it nice. I went to Wild Oats the other day and bought a bunch of organic spinach, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers and made a big salad which we ate on all day. The dressing was olive oil and red wine vinegar. More vin than oil

So I hope that my buddies here can stay warm and I wont tell you the temps here because I don't want to rub it in. But I will tell you this I need to get some new sunglasses ...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:09 PM #6
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I think you could keep running the furnace? maybe call back the repair guy and ask? just for safety reasons- to double check.

usually the only part in a furnace that moves to make noise is the fan? so maybe the fan just is very noisey but can still put out the heat for you??

or only turn it on for short sessions to keep a bit of warmth.

but call and ask
does a neighbor have a electric heater you can borrow to keep at least one room a bit warm?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:28 PM #7
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Good afternoon to all~

Thanx for your thoughts. I have been shoveling snow the biggest part of the morning and still not done.

I still don't have a furnace working, but I have a wall heater in the family room. It don't heat the whole house. The repairman isn't home Sue. I guess other people have problems also. They said he will come for sure today. I have a hard time believing he don't have a cell phone, but nobody knows his number, if he does. He is hard to catch even at home. They don't answer their phone.

I found out at noon that the chill factor is 9 below zero and temp. of 7 degrees. Thats why I've been outside. I might as well be working to keep warm. Hoping to loose too! I weighted this morning and I haven't lost a pound.

I wish Alffe would come in and see how cold it is up north. take care everybody. I feel fine, just sore from shoveling so much snow.
___
BC
Old 02-07-2007, 05:37 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Billie, Be Careful

Billie;

I once had a furnace that made noise like you describe and it was scary. It turned out to have some bolts missing and was completely safe but it sounded like it was going to blow up to me.

Hope you get it repaired soon as it is no fun being cold.

I really blew my diet while in Phoenix last week-end so I put back weighing in until this coming Sunday. We shall see!!!

Working on legal matters today - ick.

Hope everyone is fine - talk to you later,
Nancy-H
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:37 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Billie I do hope that the repairman has fixed your furnace. And you are right, he does need a cell phone. My father is an electrician and for years we tried to at least get a pager but fought us tooth and nail. Eventually he got one and he still "hides".

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:51 PM #10
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

It is past 6:30 PM and no sign of the furnace guy. I am very disappointed. He hasn't even called. You can bet I will have someone else's phone number soon. I have another number but they live in another town so I don't know. They may be just like this guy. I am going to call someone else if he don't come tonight. It's sippose to be zero or below not to even mention the chill factor. I am keeping warm, but not in this room. There hasn't been no heat since 8:00 am. I am discussed. This guy is like this and I won't put up with any longer than tonight. My pipes could freeze! I have a heater already in the bathroom that is turned on all the time. This electric heat is not a warm heat anyway.

Well my pastor just called and said he would come and look at it.He don't know if he can help me, but at least he is willing to come. have a good evening and say a prayer for me, OK!
Hugs,
BC