advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 07:20 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ce doctor appointment

I went to my ce doctor appointment arranged by s.s. The visit lasted maybe 5 minutes. He had me lean forward, backward, lean left, lean right, and walk a straight line. My issue is a back problem that has lasted 12 years. Anyway, I got to see a copy of his report. It said I could walk 8 hrs a day, sit 8 hrs a day, stand 8 hrs a day, crawl, crouch, climb,bend, twist normall. I could lift and carry between 21-50 pounds frepquently.

In my past doctors visits to my doctors, the restrictions were, limited lifting 5-10 lbs, limited carrying 5-10 lbs. no crawling, crouching, climbing, bending. Alternate walking, sitting, standing every 15 - 20 minutes. Plus, frequent breaks needed.

My question is does anyone know how much weight the ce doctor for social security has. My pcp's have seen me probably I would guess a total of over 500 hours in 8 years, and this doc has seen my maybe 5 minutes.
Thanks for any help.
russ1956x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-16-2011, 08:07 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default social security doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ1956x View Post
I went to my ce doctor appointment arranged by s.s. The visit lasted maybe 5 minutes. He had me lean forward, backward, lean left, lean right, and walk a straight line. My issue is a back problem that has lasted 12 years. Anyway, I got to see a copy of his report. It said I could walk 8 hrs a day, sit 8 hrs a day, stand 8 hrs a day, crawl, crouch, climb,bend, twist normall. I could lift and carry between 21-50 pounds frepquently.

In my past doctors visits to my doctors, the restrictions were, limited lifting 5-10 lbs, limited carrying 5-10 lbs. no crawling, crouching, climbing, bending. Alternate walking, sitting, standing every 15 - 20 minutes. Plus, frequent breaks needed.

My question is does anyone know how much weight the ce doctor for social security has. My pcp's have seen me probably I would guess a total of over 500 hours in 8 years, and this doc has seen my maybe 5 minutes.
Thanks for any help.
russ,i have been collecting ssdi benefits for the better part of almost 16 years now so i know how things work a little as far as this goes...you can go to 20 doctors and have 19 of them tell social security that you are disabled and cannot work.but if the 1 doctor says that you are not that severly disbaled and can work social security will forget about what the other 19 doctors said and they will go with the 1 doctor who said your not disabled.it's a sad fact but it's true.
gilbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:15 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
russ,i have been collecting ssdi benefits for the better part of almost 16 years now so i know how things work a little as far as this goes...you can go to 20 doctors and have 19 of them tell social security that you are disabled and cannot work.but if the 1 doctor says that you are not that severly disbaled and can work social security will forget about what the other 19 doctors said and they will go with the 1 doctor who said your not disabled.it's a sad fact but it's true.
I agree. I was initialy turned down for SSDI because of the Dr. they sent me to. I complained on my reconsideration appeal that the Dr's exam only lasted 20 mins and it was supposed to be a 3 hr test. ( this was a psycologist). 8 months after filing my appeal, they sent me to a psychiatrist and the exam lasted 3 hrs. 2 months later. I received my Notice of Award. You need to let them know you were'nt satisfied with the way the Dr examined you. It worked for me.
bdh1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:26 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm not sure why you had to go to a CE. I thought you could ask to use your own doctors.
BDII - PA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:16 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk C.E Dr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ1956x View Post

Thanks for any help.
I went to to a C.E Dr appt also,and they did about the same thing to me! but my attorney told me that in the 5 years this Dr had been doing the C.E she had not said but one or two people were disabled! and that the judge looks at what your Dr says and what test you have done! the C.E report are just glanzed at then they look at the real reports! not some 10 min bend this way bend that way report! so i would not worrie about it at All! just focus on keeping your pain under control the best you can, and keep pushing foward! do not give up! if you have not seen a judge! that would be the next step, get an attorney snd have them rquest a herring, thats if you get turned down, witch most people do! one more thing that could help you alot is to have your Dr fill out a disability form, and ask if they could write a short letter that you coukd send to social security, that should help alot! i wish i would have done the same when i was fighting my case! i wish you good luck! and if you have anything else i can try and give my opinion on please let me know! take care, walkerslbje
p.s i spent 5 years fighting my case and made alot of mistakes that i don't want to see anyone else make thsts why im back on this site trying to help people, atleadt lot make the same errors i did and to tell what happend to myself, ! just a little background, i did ein my case and the judge made them pay me back to the last day i worked, so it wss worth the battle!
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:19 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk C.e report info and more!

walkerslbje;828735]I went to to a C.E Dr appt also,and they did about the same thing to me! but my attorney told me that in the 5 years this Dr had been doing the C.E she had not said but one or two people were disabled! and that the judge looks at what your Dr says and what test you have done! the C.E report are just glanzed at then they look at the real reports! not some 10 min bend this way bend that way report! so i would not worrie about it at All! just focus on keeping your pain under control the best you can, and keep pushing foward! do not give up! if you have not seen a judge! that would be the next step, get an attorney snd have them rquest a herring, thats if you get turned down, witch most people do! one more thing that could help you alot is to have your Dr fill out a disability form, and ask if they could write a short letter that you coukd send to social security, that should help alot! i wish i would have done the same when i was fighting my case! i wish you good luck! and if you have anything else i can try and give my opinion on please let me know! take care, walkerslbje
p.s i spent 5 years fighting my case and made alot of mistakes that i don't want to see anyone else make thsts why im back on this site trying to help people, atleadt lot make the same errors i did and to tell what happend to myself, ! just a little background, i did ein my case and the judge made them pay me back to the last day i worked, so it wss worth the battle![/QUOTE]
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:33 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerslbje View Post
walkerslbje;828735]I went to to a C.E Dr appt also,and they did about the same thing to me! but my attorney told me that in the 5 years this Dr had been doing the C.E she had not said but one or two people were disabled! and that the judge looks at what your Dr says and what test you have done! the C.E report are just glanzed at then they look at the real reports! not some 10 min bend this way bend that way report! so i would not worrie about it at All! just focus on keeping your pain under control the best you can, and keep pushing foward! do not give up! if you have not seen a judge! that would be the next step, get an attorney snd have them rquest a herring, thats if you get turned down, witch most people do! one more thing that could help you alot is to have your Dr fill out a disability form, and ask if they could write a short letter that you coukd send to social security, that should help alot! i wish i would have done the same when i was fighting my case! i wish you good luck! and if you have anything else i can try and give my opinion on please let me know! take care, walkerslbje
p.s i spent 5 years fighting my case and made alot of mistakes that i don't want to see anyone else make thsts why im back on this site trying to help people, atleadt lot make the same errors i did and to tell what happend to myself, ! just a little background, i did ein my case and the judge made them pay me back to the last day i worked, so it wss worth the battle!
[/QUOTE] Walker, thanks for the info. My case is almost 8 years old, 2 hearing, 2 denials, 2 appeals to the applals council. This will now be my 3rd hearing when they schedule it. I'm looking at april 1 for a possible hearing date. You make me feel better about the CE doctor. My own physicians have repeatedly said I could not do the things that the CE doctor said I could do. Again, thanks for you help
Old 11-30-2011, 06:28 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 8 years trying to win ssdi benefits

Walker, thanks for the info. My case is almost 8 years old, 2 hearing, 2 denials, 2 appeals to the applals council. This will now be my 3rd hearing when they schedule it. I'm looking at april 1 for a possible hearing date. You make me feel better about the CE doctor. My own physicians have repeatedly said I could not do the things that the CE doctor said I could do. Again, thanks for you help[/QUOTE]walker,8 years is a long time trying to win ssdi benefits.most people would have given up at this point.you have a lot of patients and persistance..i hope when april rolls around you can win your benefits.
gilbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:20 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
Walker, thanks for the info. My case is almost 8 years old, 2 hearing, 2 denials, 2 appeals to the applals council. This will now be my 3rd hearing when they schedule it. I'm looking at april 1 for a possible hearing date. You make me feel better about the CE doctor. My own physicians have repeatedly said I could not do the things that the CE doctor said I could do. Again, thanks for you help
walker,8 years is a long time trying to win ssdi benefits.most people would have given up at this point.you have a lot of patients and persistance..i hope when april rolls around you can win your benefits.[/QUOTE]

Trying to figure out how my post got under Gilbert's name?? lol. Oh well
Old 12-02-2011, 10:37 AM #10
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Russ, it looks like Gilbert quoted your post and then added his reply but he did not add the QUOTE tags correctly so it did not show in a box with his reply below

I can edit it to fix that for more clarity...just hit thanks here if you would like it edited

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote