Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Healing well!!

Hey all, Im 3 weeks into an amazing transformation and healing period of my TBI. just about 7 months out, and 3 weeks ago, I learned how to do self healing techniques, thinking positively, and I'm feeling so great!!

I've now had about 15 different people say to me in the past 3 weeks that i look like a whole new person with a glow. Including my neurologist, my ICU nurse Manager, my primary care doctor, my acupuncturist, my chiropractor and my allergy nurse. Focusing on resting still, doing whats right for my brain, and believing i will get better!!!.

Must read Louise Hays "you can heal your life". Im barely having headaches, and dizzy spells are few and far between. Been going to the gym 5 days a week doing light work. My energy is good...but for the most part, still resting.
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (11-22-2011)

advertisement
Old 11-22-2011, 01:40 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

WOW....That is wonderful news!
I especially like to hear that you are going to the gym and doing light exercise. Thanks for the heads up on the book...I will check it out also.

I've been doing some breathing techniques and yoga which has help me alot during this busy season.

Hope this is the start of a "new beginning" towards better health.
frzrdoor2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:57 AM #3
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

nightnurse,

Glad to hear you are doing well. I question as to whether it is do to the metaphysical ideas of the book. More likely due to discipline in your life and arriving at the magic time where the brain starts to work more normal. That combined with some positive attitudes can do wonders.

Louise Hays "you can heal your life" is the metaphysical version of the teachings of the Church of Scientology and/or the Christian Scientists. Louise Hays claims to have healed herself of cancer??? According to her, we have chosen the life, including choosing the head injury, that we are living.

Before jumping up to get the book, I read some of the positive and negative reviews on Amazon. Wow, what a diverse range of opinions.

I have had many of those magic times where after having a rough length of time, my brain seems to flip a switch and work. I underwent one of those changes last week. Two months ago, I suffered another concussion when a engine part hit me in the head. I was a space cadet up until last Tuesday. All of a sudden, I woke up in the morning feeling like I had my brain back.

Again, great to hear you are doing so well. Stay strong with your attitudes and behaviors to keep this improvement going.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 11-22-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:25 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
nightnurse,

Glad to hear you are doing well. I question as to whether it is do to the metaphysical ideas of the book. More likely due to discipline in your life and arriving at the magic time where the brain starts to work more normal. That combined with some positive attitudes can do wonders.

Louise Hays "you can heal your life" is the metaphysical version of the teachings of the Church of Scientology and/or the Christian Scientists. Louise Hays claims to have healed herself of cancer??? According to her, we have chosen the life, including choosing the head injury, that we are living.

Before jumping up to get the book, I read some of the positive and negative reviews on Amazon. Wow, what a diverse range of opinions.

I have had many of those magic times where after having a rough length of time, my brain seems to flip a switch and work. I underwent one of those changes last week. Two months ago, I suffered another concussion when a engine part hit me in the head. I was a space cadet up until last Tuesday. All of a sudden, I woke up in the morning feeling like I had my brain back.

Again, great to hear you are doing so well. Stay strong with your attitudes and behaviors to keep this improvement going.

My best to you.
Actually the book is just something that i thought was a good idea with positivity. However, I think the true reason I'm doing so well, is that I've been doing daily Healing Touch and that is making all the difference. Feels very similar to acupuncture and uses similar principles...but the effects last all day long when i do treatments on myself morning and night. There is no religious principles unless you want to bring that into your sessions. I've had healing touch practitioners working on me as well for the past 3 weeks and they have done wonders for my headaches.

I've seen some pretty miraculous healing touch treatments at my hospital. Our doctors prescribe it for our post op patients for pain control in conjunction with pain medication. We've done numerous studies at our hospital with our integrative medicine team and have had wonderful results. Our cardiac patients show the greatest impact on recovery using healing touch as opposed to not having it. Dr Guareneri wrote a book about it called "the Heart Speaks". She is an interventional cardiologist who has become the head of our integrative medicine team. Shes won numerous awards for her work in making our 5 hospitals so successful with Healing Touch and other complementary modalities. My neurologist is very aware of HT and she told me last week at our last appt that she regularly orders Healing Touch for her stroke and brain injured patients because she sees such a great success in pain control when she cant order narcotics due to hourly neuro assessments. She is very aware of the wonderful results and is beyond happy that my change in my recovery comes at the same time that I began to take Healing Touch Level 1 and practicing these techniques every day. Level2 is in 2 weeks and I cant wait. 2 full days of others giving me wonderful relaxation treatments...its like its your birthday and you get to feel amazing all day!
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (11-22-2011)
Old 11-22-2011, 02:56 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

just out of curiosity....what is the range of cost (I am sure it varies from state to state)

How often do you take a class?
wtrpk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:58 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrpk View Post
just out of curiosity....what is the range of cost (I am sure it varies from state to state)

How often do you take a class?
Look up Healing Touch International to see if there is a provider near you. It is mostly nurses who get certified. And practitioners will have a practice and probably charge similar to what a massage costs. Its an accredited program supported by American Holistic Nurses Association. Its an energy healing therapy. Classes can be taken by anyone...but nurses get CEU's for their license renewal. My class cost $325 (but i get reimbursed by my hospital). There were a lot of lay people in the class who had chronic health problems or their family member did and they were learning the technique to help them heal.

There are 5 Levels. I've taken Level 1 twice now in the past month....once as a student, the second time as a helper. I take Level 2 in 2 weeks. Its a 20 hour class in 2 days. Even if I wasnt getting reimbursed by my hospital, I still would have spent the money to discover the best treatment for my PCS and recovery. This was the treatment my friends at work were doing to me on my break at work during the night shift to help me control my pain and get me through my shifts. So as a patient having it done...i knew the benefits right away and knew i needed to learn it!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:18 PM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

nightnurse, thanks for the info and I'm glad you're seeing such positive results. Keep it up!
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:28 AM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

nightnurse : Great to know you are improving and that may be my next thing to try. Were you able to quit medications since these things are helping or you think your symptoms will return without medications?

Best to you.
pcslife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:01 PM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm definetly continuing my medications for now. I feel like very soon I am going to get off the celexa since my fog and depression lifted a month ago. But i'm going to continue the nortriptyline until i am back at work and doing well and make sure i dont have a set back. However, I rarely need percocet anymore. I may take an ibuprofen or fiorinal occasionally, but not often. Healing Touch is used in conjunction with your therapies and medications prescribed by your doctors. It doesnt replace it. Thats why it is so great, it kinda speeds up the healing process and balances out our health problems and lets our bodies heal ourselves.
"Thanks for this!" says:
pcslife (11-23-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 10:36 PM #10

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's great! I had a huge amount of recovery in the 6-7 month range and started exercising then, etc. It's a great great feeling to start getting your "life" back. Congrats.
freezerdoor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote