Weight Loss & Healthy Living For weight loss and healthy living discussions.

advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 08:10 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thursday Roll Call

Morning all!
Well after an afternoon of thunderstorms and rain it has finally cooled down quite a bit in these parts! It dropped 20 degrees in about 4 hours. Unfortunately it looks like it is going to rain into the weekend, which means no racing this weekend. Oh well! Todd is not going to be a happy camper. He hasn't raced in two weeks and is getting itchy to go. Looks like it won't be this weekend.
I am feeling better and have started all over again in my "D" and now that my back procedure is done am walking again. Only 10 minutes or so a day, but I am working on it day by day.
Billie, as I type is at her appointment and I hope she checks in after.
Have a great day everyone!

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-17-2007, 09:48 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So glad you are walking again Wendy...you have a lot on your plate and I don't mean food! Bless your heart you need a rest from pain and a good vacation. Or maybe a couple new torties! Hugs and double hugs! froggie
froglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:24 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Froggie....as we speak one of my torties is exploring the kitchen.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:57 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good morning all, I am meeting up with my sister today to go shopping. There is an outdoor mall here that I have been wanting to see. It is on the hoity toity side of town so I better act like I have some class ha ha

Not much time today but I wanted to say that I hope that we all get better. We need to start fresh and get our minds and bodies on a good track. I pray that we all will feel younger and healthier with each and everyday.

See ya later gators...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:22 PM #5
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Thumbs up I survived the Dr's appt.~

I made it threw my appt., but it wasn't easy. On top of everything else, he brings another practing doc in with him. He was nice to me, but told me I had to come back in, next month. He ordered all kinds of blood tests and my BP was high. I took my sugar before I went and it was 141 with no eating today. Not good at all!

He suggested talking to someone in their office about grief and also the diet person. They never made me any appts except to see him, and I didn't mention it either. I have things coming up and had no calendar with me. It looks like I will let it go for now. I can watch my diet & get back into aerobics. I can get Hospics involved with grief couseling too. I don't think it will do a bit of good. I know whats wrong. I am just lonesome. if I join the "Y" again I'll be with my friends. I am going on a small trip with them Sunday & Monday. It will be a good chance to bring it up. One is a RN too.

I didn't come back home, but went to another town to get me a brace. Then had to call Dr again to have them fax a script. I guess my ins. will pay for it.

Well, I better go for now. Thanks gals for your support. I really appreciate it so much.
Love,
Billie

She who hides nothing, has nothing to hide~
Fancylady_2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:18 PM #6
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone.

Wendy, are you glad to get the rain like I am glad here to be getting it?

Billie, i am lonesome too and I think that is why I fall so easy for men.

I am depressed today and want to sleep and sleep the day away.

befuddled2
befuddled2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:39 PM #7
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Hi befuddled~

I am so mad at my doc. His nurse called me and said they had closed my file on the computer and wouldn't open it up for a brace, since I didn't mention it during our visit. I mentioned the degeneration in my spine and asking for arthritis meds, which he wouldn't give me. She said he may want me to have a different kind of brace. I told her it is written right on there, I can't take it back. All I needed was a script, he wouldn't do it. Now I have lost all the way around. They charged me $10.00 more for billing my insurance & told me they would remburse me for. Now I called the dr's office from the brace place, why couldn't she tell me then? They gave me the results from my test already. My sugar wasn't high. It's 6.5 & another test I don't understand. When she mention me going to a dietitian, I said, they didn't make me an appt. I told her never mind.

If I knew of a different doc I would change, for sure. trouble is I don't want any they have around here. None are real doctors, & would be working under this one anyway. I will see my back surgeon before I will have another appt with this doc anyway. He would of done this for me, if I would have just seen him today. He always puts on the script, patient can have her on choice. After all, I am the one who wears it. I didn't want to wait 3 weeks or I would have not bothered this doc.

Befuddled~ I am sorry you are depressed too. Wish I could do something for you, Froggie, and Wendy, & Sue. We sure have have things to frustrate us, don't we?
_____
BC

Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 PM #8
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Billie,

Sometimes people who we depend on for services can be nerve wracking. I feel for you. Usually what helps me is a good night's rest and I feel better. I'm glad your sugar was not high. Why the dietician if you BP and sugar is not high?

befuddled2
befuddled2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:25 PM #9
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Befuddled~

My BP was high. He didn't do nothing, because he thought maybe it was a reaction to the physcal. (maybe it was). I don't think he knew what my sugar was going to be. I told him I hadn't been careful, because I had been eating ice cream. I don't know why he made the commit to the nurse of me going to see the dietican. (I'm not, cause they didn't make the appt.) I need to stay away from there before I say something I will be sorry for. I have an eye appt next week there.

Your right, a good nights sleep will do wonders. Thanks for reminding me. I do get worked up kinda easy. I hope you have a good night also. Thanks for being there for me.

It sure has been cold here today. I am sitting here tonight with my jacket on, in the house. I just turned the furnace on.
-----
BC

Old 05-17-2007, 09:14 PM #10
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Billie,

My night is getting better, I think.

befuddled2