Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 02:10 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Parkie Pods

As personally opposed to "corporate" or "goverment" involvement in my life I must admit that for our needs , as opposed to our abilities, we do need to involve some part of those entities in order to get it done.
I propose, forming an online site, in order to seek out a "Venture Capitalist" or N.G.O. whom would do the heavy lifting. ie: forming investor groups, finding and preparing, staffing, etc of properties.
This site , say "parky pods" ,whatever, could first sort out some basic requirements to present to said interested parties!
Frankly, I don't have a lot of money, just an average bluecollar guy, also, My name isn't "BUZZZ for nought a "420" friendly spot is a must for me!
And I don't want to to have "parkies " going thru a lot of hurdles to join or leave these "co-ops. As our personal lives can be quite fluid, so, ease of entry and low cost would be high on my list!
So, as I am not computer literate, as to forming a web site, anyone up for it?
"if your not living dangerously, your not living" Evil Kinevil
BUZZZZZ

Last edited by BUZZZ; 07-29-2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: wrong phrase
BUZZZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

More good comments. Here's where it gets challenging...lol....who is reliable enough to be in charge?

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:07 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Ditto...what Paula said.

Meaning, who is reliable and healthy enough to be incharge and see the project through. Most of us are not. And finding a non-PWP to take charge is very difficult.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A couple of thoughts (not new ones I'm sure)

A PLWP REGISTER per State (USA) and per Province (CANADA) and GLOBALLY for pwp interested in this concept. A YOP job

Using senior and pd publications, newspapers and magazines, media (television and radio) appealing to the public on acquiring low-cost land and housing. People sometimes come out of the woodwork. Even in the pwp community. Harley mentioned she had a large house. I have 10 acres of land with two unfinished houses on it in Sayward, pop. 1000. This does not mean it is feasible for either of us but shows you the thought is there.

In my case there are no local health resources in Sayward; that is why I am here. If I was there I could apply for government grants for the disabled to fix or finish one of the houses. In Canada there are many grants available for housing assistance for both the poor and disabled. With the housing crisis some folks may want to sell their farms and the government may help out with financing as the Zoomer's (not called Boomer's anymore) are requiring more and more health care. The government is looking at alternatives to nursing homes and care facilities.

I found a 5 bedroom house with 4 bathrooms, indoor solar heated swimming pool for $400,000.00. I wanted someone with pd to go in on it with me but could not find anyone. I was sure I could get government assistance to run a non-profit pd residence but it sold before I had time to find out. I still feel I missed out. You have to have like minded people already connected

What happened to the one that they were putting together in Seattle? Nan and Bren from the PLWP Site started out with this goal in mind. Buzz is right forming a Co-Op is an ideal solution. We have several on the island, some have subsidized rent, only two where you own your own unit.