Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 08-20-2008, 06:25 PM #1
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default PAN seeking 1-800-Medicare Stories

"The Parkinson’s Action Network (PAN) is interested in specific incidences of 1-800-Medicare giving incorrect information to Medicare beneficiaries living with Parkinson’s disease, and any resulting problems that occurred.

"These examples will be used to bolster PAN’s advocacy efforts to improve Medicare Part D. Please e-mail specific PD examples to info@parkinsonsaction.org."

Or if you share your experiences here and authorize me to send your story to PAN, I will be glad to do so.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (08-21-2008)

advertisement
Old 08-21-2008, 12:14 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Medicare part D (prescription drug plan) has got to be t he world's most confusing process! And the state you live in has personnel who work in this area. You often get inexperienced employees and lots of room for error.

there is some very useful information at this site:
http://www.medicare.gov/pdphome.asp

good luck!

Prggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stitcher (08-21-2008)
Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is very important - thank you Carolyn.

And Carolyn is very knowledgeable about this process. If anyone has a story to tell, I encourage you to share it.

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stitcher (08-21-2008)
Old 08-21-2008, 01:30 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know if this is what they are looking for. but here goes.

The first year that the drug program was implemented I enrolled in the program recommended by my insurance agent. I hit the donut hole in July. So, when I was to select a provider for the 2nd year I called several different providers and was told that only Humana did not have a donut hole. So, I contacted Humana. I gave them the list of meds that I took and was told that if I enrolled in their most expensive plan ($88.00/month) and bought my meds from their mailorder pharmacy, I would not hit the hole until October. I enrolled. The total for all my meds would be about $350/month. I paid the premium for January and got my meds. I don't remember if there was a deductible. I again paid the premiums and ordered my meds for Febraury & March. I paid the premium for April, but since I had DBS on April 4th I held off on ordering meds until I got home. When I phoned to order the meds they took the order, but phoned me the next day to tell me that there had been a price increase and now one of my meds would be $1,304.00 for one month. I told them to cancel the order. I wrote to Humana and told them that I felt that they did not hold up their end of the agreement and stopped paying the premium. They have since turned my account over to a collection agency and itis showing as a bad debt on my credit report. I'm sure that Medicare is still deducting a premium, but I can't get an answer from them on this.
MKane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:22 PM #5
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

MKane, that is horrible, but not surprising. May I share your story with PAN, with or without your name?

What PAN is seeking is stories about calling Medicare on the phone (the 1-800) and getting the run around or bad information.

I know there are stories out there!!

If we want reform to Medicare and/or Social Security disability filing our voices need to be heard.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Old 08-21-2008, 03:26 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Carolyn,

Sure share with anyone with or without my name.

Mary
MKane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:35 PM #7
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

PAN seeking 1-800-Medicare Stories-th_bump-jpg

bump

bump