Sanctuary for Spiritual Support This "Sanctuary" is a place for people of all spiritual beliefs and faiths to offer support and compassion to each other in the form of prayers, meditation, and expressions of spirituality. This forum is for support, not religious debate.

advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 04:57 AM #1
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Prayers Needed Please

I don't normally ask for prayers but I really need one today. My grandma (dads mum) has just called our house and said that she thinks my grandad has collapsed and has died has he isn't breathing. My dad has gone round there now whilst my mum called an ambulance and my mum has just followed them.

I feel so guilty because of all the things I said about them to my dad and also my dad hasn't seen them for ages and he feels it is his fault. Why couldn't I have just kept my mouth shut????

My head is all over the place at the moment but I will let you know when we hear anything.

Please pray that my grandad is going to be OK, I don't know how much more this family can take.

Thanks ever so mucjh.
CoolAngel26 (11-22-2008), Jomar (11-22-2008), Kitty (11-22-2008), lou_lou (11-22-2008), Twinkletoes (11-23-2008)

advertisement
Old 11-22-2008, 05:26 AM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear sweet Ali, that is just so terrible. What you must be going through right now, I dread to even imagine. Are you alone in the house?

I daresay you'll have heard something as I type this to you, and I pray that when you do hear, that it will be good news.

It's hard not to feel guilty about things said, or things unsaid at times like this, but just remember that your grandfather loves you, and I'm sure that he loves your dad as well.... no matter what has been said.

I'm sure it's the pain in your heart making all these things rush through your head. Please try to remember that they will all be exaggerated at the moment, in this time of such anxiety and distress.

I can well imagine how your poor head must be feeling right now.

If you're alone Ali, and just waiting for a phone call, please know that I'm online if you want some one to talk to.

Sending you much love and praying for your grandfather, you and all of your family.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (11-22-2008)
Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Thank you so much Koala for your kind words and support - you don't know how much they mean at a time like this and I can't thank you enough .

You really brung a smile and tears to my eyes when you said that my grandfather will love me .... i'm sure that he does no matter what was said and I never thought of it that way.

My dad has just got back in the house and says that they have taken my grandad to the hospital but things aren't looking good, they have got a little heart beat back but that is only through the machines that he is wired up to. I just hope and pray that he will make it, despite all of the things that I said, he was the best grandad you could ever wish for.

I will keep you all updated, my head is a right mess at the moment so i'm sorry if I am rambling.

Thank you so much.
Alison
Old 11-22-2008, 05:36 AM #4
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thank you for letting me know. I'm so pleased that you still have your grandfather and I hope that over the coming few hours things will start to look better for him.

Don't let go of the knowledge of all the wonderful things that he's said to you, the love that he's shown to you, and the love that you have given and shown to him. It will help you both get through today.

Please know that we're all here for you Ali, and it's ok to ramble as much as you want. Sending you my love and lots of gentle hugs......

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (11-22-2008)
Old 11-22-2008, 06:05 AM #5
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Hi Ali.....any new news yet? Waiting is the hardest thing to do, especially when it's like this.

I'm praying that your Grandad will be okay. And it's normal to feel guilty at times like this....even if you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty for. It's just a natural human reaction when something bad happens to someone else. So don't be too hard on yourself.

Please let us know once you hear back from your folks. You're all in my prayers today.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (11-22-2008)
Old 11-22-2008, 07:13 AM #6
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Adding my prayers Ali....

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (11-22-2008)
Old 11-22-2008, 10:01 AM #7
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

((((((((((((((((((Ali))))))))))))))))))))))))

i am praying too

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (11-22-2008)
Old 11-22-2008, 12:36 PM #8
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and support, it means a lot .

I am in tears has I type this but just wanted to let you all know what has happened ...

I have just got back from the hospital with my parents, unfortunately my grandad didn't make it and passed away at 9.30am this morning, English time. Apparently, my grandad wasn't in any pain has everything happened so quickly, my nanan explained that they were going to go to the store and my grandad was going to get on his electric scooter and complained that he was dizzy and within 30 seconds, he had collapsed and his heart stopped beating. My nanan thought he was just fooling about until he made some funny noises and she then called my dad and we called the ambulance. The doctors on the phone told my dad to do CPR on him to try and get his heart to start beating again but unfortunately it didn't.

The nurses allowed us all to see my grandad in the hospital and that had to be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my entire life. I went in with my mum, nanan and dad and we all burst into tears and my nanan kept shouting that she wanted him back and burst into tears. I couldn't really bear to see my grandad like that has I just wanted him back and the reality hit me so much.

All of our other family members went in to see him also and the nurses gave us a book to read about what to do next. They suspect that my grandad suffered a real, massive heart attack but because it was so sudden and there was no warning signs, they are having to do a post-morterm. My grandad wanted to be cremeted so that is what we are having done.

I can't concentrate at the moment, just knowing that I will never see my grandad again is truly heartbreaking. My nanan is in a right state so we are going to go and see her again later tonight and get her a few things from the shop. My uncle came round and we all got right worried has we thought something had happened to my nanan also but she went for a walk has she says she can't cope being in the house on her own at the moment has it is all too fresh.

Thank you all once again for your kind words and support, it's so nice knowing that people are here to listen to me.

Love, Alison
Old 11-22-2008, 01:27 PM #9
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I can understand why she might not want to be alone in her home yet, can someone stay with her or take her to their home for a day or 2?
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (11-23-2008)
Old 11-22-2008, 01:39 PM #10
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Unhappy

oh (((Ali))) I am so sad to hear this

I agree with Jo that maybe if someone can stay over with your nanan or let her spend a few nights with them, that will ease things for her. The shock and loss are enormous for her now, as for all of you.
I pray you all manage to pull together to support one another now more than ever. losing a loved one is so very traumatic and I do hope you dont have flare ups of your pain from all this stress (((Ali)))

Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote