View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 01:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Will try to do 5-day plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
Many of us who have had anxiety have also experienced the fear of it. It is pretty human. The anxiety is a setback, and it sucks. The fear doesn't need to be -- treat it as your body and brain telling you to pace your reductions carefully. Try to self-soothe rather than be hard on yourself about the anxiety OR about the fear of it.
Sensible goal!

I fully concur with Dr. Smith's comments on this.

I did some arithmetic -- you'd need to reduce every 5 days to be off it in December. You could do 6 days a few times. It seems a reasonable schedule to start out with, but you'll have to see how it goes.

When I have to taper something, I generally start out with a reduction plan (e.g., reduce by X mg every N days). I pay attention to the way I feel and adjust the plan as I go along. With some meds, especially with long tapers, it has helped me to keep a written chart of my dosages.

Personally, I don't set deadlines. Is there a reason you need/want to be done within the December time-frame?

waves
I will do 5-day 100mg reductions at a time. I just need to be able to handle the second day after the reduction because that seems to be the worst.
Will keep you posted and appreciate your advice.

December is my goal because I have a chance at a much more demanding job that I have dreamed about for the last ten years. It will involve a lot of international travel and I just can't imagine that I could handle it going up and down on sleep and somatic anxiety as I am experiencing now....
Adamo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (08-31-2013)