View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

Maybe i can offer a piece of advice:

1) REST

My concussion also happened on a bike crash during a race. I made the huge mistake of trying to get back on the bike as soon as i could and i regret it.

2) RETURN GRADUALLY
Once you begin to feel better, try to increase your exercise load very gradually. If you don't have a Heart Rate Monitor, get one and learn to use it. If you start to get headaches or any other symptoms then stop and set that point as your threshold for the following sessions. If possible, workout on a stationary bike, remember that cycling can be a bit risky and you shouldn't expose yourself to potential crashes right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist569 View Post
Hello all,

This is my very first post. A couple months ago many things occurred in my life in a very short amount of time, leading to an abnormal influx of stress. Stress exacerbated my PCS symptoms twofold, and I’ve since been battling the anxiety over fear of receiving another blow to the head. Today I was wacked in the head by one of my friends, which lead me to stumble upon this article. I’m not experiencing any headaches, or particular balance issues, but I ‘am in somewhat of a mental fog. Is it likely that I received another concussion, or is it possible that I’m just going around the same circle I’ve been for the past two months? I’m going to try to avoid seeking an MRI as I just received one not very long ago. Is there any sure-fire way to determine if an individual received a concussion, other than going for a brain scan? I was on a cycling rampage until I got hit in the head today. I simply want to try to avoid taking any time off of my fitness schedule that isn’t needed, but I don’t know what’s legitimate and what isn’t. Truly any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Will
rob_d87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
poetrymom (09-08-2013)