View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 11:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Mel,

In terms of the IVIG and B-12, I sure know what I would do . . . I probably sound like a broken record . . . but I have been advocating here for years about the need to do one intervention at a time if you want to know what works for you. And even then, there are no guarantees. That is, just because you take this vitamin or that supplement or that there treatment, it does not mean that whatever you took or did was responsible for the improvement.

But at least it might be. If you take two things at the same time, you will almost never be able to figure it out. Of course, for some, it may not matter, or maybe you don't care what caused the improvement. If so, then it is fine for Allan to start the B-12. It sounds to me that he is interested. And certainly the paresthesia he experienced is no reason to panic and reach for something else that could help him.

Clearly, Allan should be taking B-12, the only question is when. Take in all the feedback, discuss with him, and I am sure a good decision will be made, whatever choice is made. One that is consistent with his needs.

rafi
rfinney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote