View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 10:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm already on gabapentin for TN, its been a miracle drug for me.

I also had the paresthesias with the attack that got me my diagnosis. That's different than this though. With that, I would sit down on cold tile and it would feel like I just sat on a pit of lava. It was really weird. Thankfully that faded.

You're right, this seems completely unrelated to the environment. It seems perceptual, but then I sweat, shiver, etc. Who knows? It is just so irritating because its impacting my sleep. I'll layer up, fall asleep, and wake up in sweat. Take the layers off, go back to sleep, and wake up shivering. There's just no winning since its just swing from hot to cold to hot, and sometimes both at once! I could deal with it fine if I could just sleep through it. Sigh...

I have a long scheduled neuro appointment early next month. I'm definitely going to bring this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNagain View Post
Yeti-

The answer is yes, I have this problem- long standing. Polar fleece on and off as well as socks and gloves/fingerless gloves-and I am not just talking winter! There is no winning this except to have layers. I even have a hat for bed. What ever works, eh?

That is a temperature thing. Not related, it seems, to either the environment or my real body temperature. It is perception.

There is also the perverse paresthesias that seem right on the edge of burning hot and icy cold. Sometimes an icy hot! Maddening.

Many here have either or both of this temp related situations. For the first, invest in light weight fleece and for the second, endure or if you can't stand it, talk w your Neuro about some help (often gabapentin).

Needless to say, medical causes should be looked at as well.

Keep warmish,
ANN
yeti is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (10-22-2013), Erika (10-22-2013), KittyLady (10-24-2013), SallyC (10-22-2013)