Thread: Tremors???
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
Hi Nanc,

I get tremors and sometimes they are pretty severe. I can look like this women in the video. I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM7dTyEzSIQ and my husband will apply pressure as shown in the video and IT WORKS/helps! It's crazy how it will help stop them. I don't have the belt but wish I did, and I don't use the biting on a tongue depressor but it still helps to have pressure applied in the area shown in the video. I have had tremors today and used this technique to get things to settle down.

Tremors are also the reason I take gabapentin, along with the fact that it helps my neuropathic type pain (shocks). Maybe this will help for you too. Mine is mostly in my legs, but my arms and legs can all get going at the same time. It's exhausting on the body to tremor. It can make your muscles feel VERY weak.

The choking, for me is also neurological. Coughing, not sure about that one. My eyes don't get goopy, but the water like crazy when I am flaring. My sensory gets involved too, specifically my ears. I become VERY sensitive to sounds and have a ringing in my ears.

I sure hope things settle down soon hon and I hope the video helps!

PS... you can go to 4:40 on timeline and watch her in her doctor's office. It's a little more clear.
Thanks for the video Vrae...very interesting!! Maybe we could try the pressure, but don't think I could handle biting on the depressor since the RSD in my face. I cannot take gabapentin, I have tried it a couple of times and had bad reactions to it. I actually cannot take or tolerate any of the meds they use for RSD or nerve issues. It really stinks to have to "tough" this mess out.

My ears ring too, constantly! I have also noticed more recently that noise sets me off. We went to a store at the mall last week to get a gift card for my niece. The music was so loud, my husband saw my face and the tears welled up, it was awful!

Anyway, thanks again!
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote