View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 11:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt1268 View Post
Sorry to bring this up, but I have been having right upper quadrant pain for 8 weeks. So dr doubled nexium, performed an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Since then. Pain is worse, lots of gas also. Ended upin er last week and started on Zantac along with nexium. Ultrasound and hidda scan show gallbladder normal. So now dr is thinking ibs and started me on bentyl. Between us I stopped taking my neurontin I'm hopes I would loose weight and I've been doing really well with my foot.
With all this being said, last night I took my 1st dose of bentyl and also took 1200 neurontin, which helped. Haven't took any neurontin today and now pain coming back.
Do u guys think this is rsd?
Hi Alt! It is so nice to see you, but sorry for the reason! I really do not have much to offer. It is so hard to say if it is RSD or IBS. I know the doctors default to IBS when they cannot figure it out....been there! I would say if the nneurontin is helping your pain, then keep taking it. That is unless the side effects are too bad to deal with. I cannot take it or anything else like it to help my pain and I really wish I could as I need some relief.

I cannot take Vit C either. I was recently diagnosed with interstitial cystitis (IC) and supplements irritate my bladder, specifically vit C. From what I have read, IBS is common with IC. My PM dr thought it was RSD in my bladder, but it isn't. I also read that IC is common with RSD patients...all I know is that it is painful and another incurable condition in which I can't take the meds for it either

Sorry to go on about myself I hope you can get some answers and relief soon!

Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (12-21-2013)