View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synnove View Post
Vowel Lady.
Here are some interesting information I came across on the Web the other day. This is in regards to what you mentioned in your post regarding pelvic spasm.:
I came across a web page seems to be posted by a OBYGN group of doctors. They did a study on some women age 24 - 64 who had volvudyna.
They did Autonomic testing for small fiber neuropathy . They did the QSRAT test, found that 10 out of 17 of the women had results consistent with small fiber neuropathy.
I tried, but I am not able to enter a link on this. But the name of this doctor company is: SOHO OB-GYN. there ia a contact e mail for drharris@sohoobgyn.com.
This is interesting, because ( this is a little personal) 2 years ago. my first symptom of peripheral neuropathy was related to symptoms re. urinary, gyn.
But I did not know at the time. I did report it to urologist and neurologist. Later the symptoms of SFN increased and traveled down my legs. ( opposite diresctions, most doctors says !)
But, it is known that peripheral neuropathy first symptoms are in distal portions. Well, as I learned, the sensory nerve of the vulva the Prudendal Nerve ends here, and small fiber neuropathy can occur therfor.
Vowel Lady, I realy hope you will be able to find this site, or perhaps Mrs D can. or perhaps Dr. Smith can.
Enter: Autonomic Testing for Small Fiber Neuropathy in Volvudyna Patients.

I hope the site can be found and printed in this forum.
Hi,
This is really interesting to me. I was diagnosed with volvudynia and vestibulitis two years before I started having symptoms of SFN. It was so painful when I had it and I had no idea what it was. I thought I had interstitial cystitis. There are a doctor and nurse who specialize in volvudynia in Philadelphia. They finally diagnosed it. I never thought there may be a related.

Thanks. I'm going to try to find the site.
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (01-15-2014)