Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
Interestingly, my wife's name is Gail. She may well be "SWMBO", but she is also "SWGLEWGPS" ("she who gets lost even with the GPS").
I understand completely and empathize. In fact, aside from the name, I think we may have married sisters—or clones.

I keep telling people, "Don't let [DW] navigate (ride 'shotgun')," but they never listen. Then I get a call 1-3 hours later... "We're LOST! Tell us where we are and how to get back to civilization!"

It's had its moments though; on a road trip through the mountains (hills most anywhere else) in Pennsylavania, I was so preoccupied with keeping the truck on the winding roads that I made the mistake of asking her to navigate with a map. We wound up rounding a curve and coming face to bumper with a 600 lb. black bear.

Why is it that it takes some people only 5 minutes to get hopelessly lost, but an hour or more to find their way?

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote