View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmspox View Post
I haven't had other migraine symptoms like auras, one-sided headaches, or light sensitivity.
Not all migraines include those symptoms; in fact, there's one group—acephalgic migraine (also called "silent migraine", optical migraine) that doesn't involve pain.

Not responding to Imitrex (sumatriptan) isn't unusual; everyone is different. My migraines don't respond to it either, but there are many more migraine meds in the same class—triptans—and another may work much better. Rizatriptan (Maxalt) works very well for me (not saying it will for you—just an example of another working when Imitrex doesn't).

You mentioned a cpap prescription; are you using one? If so, is it possible that the strap(s) are the problem? That would be an easy fix, as there are a multitude of mask & strap configurations. I know very few (none?) cpap users who are using the gear they started with.

I'm not crazy about using ibuprofen more than occasionally due to the possibility/risk of cardiovascular, gastro-intestinal, & renal damage. It can also cause (albeit less likely than some meds) medication rebound headaches; has that been mentioned/discussed/eliminated?
Quote:
Overusing painkillers to treat [Tension-Type Headache (TTH)] can cause chronic daily headaches to develop. These headaches usually occur early in the morning, and their symptoms include: poor appetite, nausea, restlessness, irritability, memory or concentration problems, and depression. Chronic daily headache is usually resistant to painkillers, and most sufferers experience migraines as well as an almost permanent TTH. The headache can vary in intensity, duration, and location, and the symptoms can be more severe than in people who have occasional TTH.
http://www.migrainetrust.org/factshe...headache-10884
Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 04-02-2014 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Clarify
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote