Old 05-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
Debbie and Trish, you are both my heroes, Erika, Kelly, our little Ali
and a lot more of you, is the reason I get up in the mornings.

Thank you all.
Aw that just fetched tears to my eyes, thank you Sally. You're our hero too

Erin, I totally agree with Debbie and what the others have said. You need to be thankful for what you DO have in life, rather than what you DON'T. I KNOW its hard... I struggle with the same thing at times, as do we all but you are SO blessed compared to other people. I watched my nan suffer from MS (I was only 6 but can remember), I watched where she couldn't lift her head up to eat, had to be catheterised, had no dignity, couldn't walk etc. It was AWFUL, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. BUT she was a fighter, right until the end. Think yourself lucky that you aren't as bad as her and some of the others on here. I know you're only youngish but you've had a good life by the sounds. I had to endure all that at 6 years old and then became ill myself at 12, confined to a wheelchair for over a year and I'm still ill and undergoing tests now. I lost my friends, most of my family except my mom didn't understand, I had to give up school etc. It was horrible but its made me who I am today and I thank myself for that. Without this illness I probably wouldn't be who I am now, I wouldn't understand what its like to be ill and hit rock bottom.

I didn't mean for this to be a rant, sorry if it sounded like that (just got a lot going on at the moment - great nan been diagnosed with terminal cancer). I just know that its hard to 'see' the good things sometimes, cherish the little things because eventually you'll realise those were the big things.

I hope things start looking up for you soon.

To the rest of you, I hope you're all doing well - think about you often
barb02 (05-22-2014), Debbie D (05-21-2014), Kitty (05-21-2014), Mariel (05-22-2014), SallyC (05-21-2014), tkrik (05-21-2014)