View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
I wasn't being critical, but utterly silly! Guys can rib guys, but when a woman does it . . .
Honestly, didn't take it as critical - would have surprised me but wouldn't have bothered me if I did.

Quote:
I've always been pleasant with neurologists as well, when they clearly didn't deserve it. I consider what I went through with many of them to be a medical version of a Kobayashi Maru.
Oh. My. Goodness. I KNEW you were a geek! Geek like me even.

Quote:
How would you respond to a doctor who kept a positive antibody test from you, which severely affected both your care and your life? And when you found that out seven years later, the clinic denied that it existed? That's only a small bit of what I've gone through.
I think I would be looking for another doctor...in Florida. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Quote:
No doctor told me either that heat made MG worse; only a couple of women on a different forum years ago did that. That's when I did the research in order to figure out WHY (extremes of heat, and cold, increase acetylcholinesterase).
I do not understand this lack of information. For instance, I'm trying to determine why I collapse three hours (almost can set my watch by it) after I take my morning meds. Unfortunately, steroids are in that mix and so I can't sleep - but neither can I hold my head up. So I lay in bed for two to three hours completely awake and unable to push myself off the bed. There may be a simple reason but if this is to be expected, why am I wasting my limited resources trying to document around this when a simple conversation OR EVEN A HANDOUT (not yelling at you).

Quote:
There are very few neuros who tell MG patients how to manage MG. The one in Florida goes so far as to have group meetings with MG patients to discuss all things MG. How cool is that?
Very cool indeed. I'm jealous.

Quote:
Even the abduction of your fractal genius was an abuse of power. That's why so many people with gifts keep them quiet, so they won't be on the receiving end of the "robots in black." (It would be an insult to men to call them "men in black.")
Sooner or later I'm going to blog some of my ideas so that someone from another generation can pick them up and run them. No sense letting good idea's go to waste because of a finite life. I have an idea for doubling food production in hydroponic greenhouses by using a photographic filter to filter out the wavelength that tell plants that they need <12 hours of sunlight to produce food. This way, plants could continue the photosynthesis process 24 hours a day. Another idea, I experimented with fiber optics and lit every room in a 2400 sq. ft. home with a 60 watt bulb. It would be nice to see some of these idea's come to fruition even if I personally don't benefit from it.

Annie[/QUOTE]

Love hearing from you Annie, as always.
angell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
juliejayne (08-19-2014)