View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 05:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post

MG can turn on a dime. 7 weeks ago I could function and work full time. On 6/19 it hit 90 degrees here and I ended up in the ER with shortness of breath. I got large dose solumedrol (steroids) and no IVIG and was discharged 3 days later on 80 mg prednisone. 2 days later back in the ER again with shortness or breath, more steroids, no IVUG or plasmapharesis, discharged again on high dose steroids. I begged for plasmapharesis or IVIG and neuro refused. New neuro and 7 weeks laters, still on short term disibility, cannot function, work or leave the house. New neuro finally faxed script for IVIG which probably will not start before next Monday if I am lucky.
For me it was a convergence of three things: The Prednisone taper with no immunesuppressor, stress filled summer (cab collision), and the first real hot weather of the season, approaching 100 degrees the day I went to the ER.

Do you have to fall of the cliff before they throw you the IVIG rope?

What was the reason you were refused the IVIG earlier? How can the mess around with the breathing issue!

I hope you have the same experience that I did with the Immune Globulin. I had improvement from the first day. My doctors and nurses noticed an improvement too. I continued to improve, even after the fifth infusion--and still going strong.

-Mark-
Panorama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote