View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 12:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That sounds rough, dustinc. I'm sorry you find yourself here. You might have a glucose tolerance test to see if your blood sugar rises too high after meals, even though you test negative for 'diabetes.' This condition can cause PN. Also did you have your vitamin B12 level tested? You can just start taking B12 as methylcobalamin, 1000-5000 mcg per day, such as Jarrow's. That's a good idea to see a clinic that specializes in neuropathy, otherwise neurologists don't seem to know much about it. Keep a positive outlook, keep yourself healthy, and believe that you will heal. A healthy vegan diet, exercise, and meditation have helped me.

See here: https://sites.google.com/site/basicpoke/Home/neuropathy
There is a list of supplements that have shown to help people with PN. If you can't see that page then let me know.

Do you have any history of such pain or any family history of it? If not, I would lean toward this being acquired due to a toxin or a deficiency, rather than being hereditary.

Good stuff I have found on healing and how the body works, generally the stuff you won't hear from an MD:
Podcasts at: www.extremehealthradio.com (or iTunes)
"John Bergman" on youtube
Ron
Electron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote