View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 12:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yes!!!

I have the eye wobbles bad!

I asked my Neuro OT what the heck!

She who primarily focused on vision training with me told me that my focal and ambient visual systems were off. That my visual processing center in the brain was on overdrive trying to understand my environment. She had me do a lot of proprioception work to get my brain to learn my environment through my other senses -touch, stance, smell, hearing etc to give my eyes some peace. It's taken a lot of work but my wobbles are now only happening if I'm super fatigued, way overstimulated, or reading in lighting that promotes glare.

I noticed as my eyes wobbled I also lost hearing and would get out of sorts. Again my eyes were overworking trying to understand what was going on around me. When it happens now I 'think before look' I look at an object I know isn't moving, I use a slinky to walk around (as directed by my OT) and track objects as I walk and listen to the slinky (I've cracked up thinking a slinky really?!!). It promotes proprioception engages my hands and ears and allows my eyes to focus only on what they need to.

I can't say enough about NeuroOT vision therapy. Saved my sanity!

Good luck.

On the phone- is it your attention or hearing that goes? Are you closing your eyes and listening or are you looking around and talking?

Therapy: Vision therapy to improve focal and ambient systems Neuropsychological testing and treatment Vestibular therapy Gabapentin 1800mgs/daily Clonazapam when needed

Natural Therapy and Supplements: Brain breaks every 2 hours Meditation GABA 1000 mcgs B12 1000 mcgs Niacin 3000-5000 mgs (this has significantly helped with brain fog, mood control, and depression) Nordic Naturals Fish Oil 2000mgs Potassium Multi V Glucosamine 5HTP Vitamin D 1500mgs

"Your True Self contains Every Possibility"
-Deepak Chopra
=}
[/SIZE]
ilikepolkadots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote